Dr Who - Classic vs. New.

moggy58

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2011
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you thought of auditioning for the part of the new Doctor Cloffo?Your on screen career seems to be going well:

bagpuss-237.jpg
That as got to be a crap film if it's got Nicolas Cage in it:doh:

Doctor Cloffo? :rofl: even better Master Cloffo:^

Jelly Tussle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 1, 2013
Most of what Paul McGann has ever done has been good.
Indeed.

I think the role of the Doctor is difficult for any actor to play.

There are certain prerequisites for the character to follow i.e. eccentricity, highly knowledgeable, fearless, etc. So each incarnation of the Doctor has to be all of these things; but must also be different from every preceding Doctor – not easy.

That’s why each new actor has to have the ability to imbue the Doctor with a personality that is uniquely his (or her…) own.

It's a shame that McGann spent such a brief period as the Doctor.

Jelly Tussle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 1, 2013
Jon Pertwee, in conversation with our Wam Leader, Commander Linx Palmer.
timewarrior.jpg
I didn't realise that Sontaran's were smokers... :?

Their invasion plans are more advanced than you might realise.

They have already infiltrated higher government echelons....

pickles_sontaran_banner.jpg

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor? That would be a departure.

I might start watching it again. They should put it on after 9pm too. Imagine him telling Cybermen to fuck off left, right and centre :love:

davidcotton

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2005
, , United Kingdom
Dare I mention Big Finish audios in this thread? Who are Big Finish? Since 1999 they have been making full cast audio dramas licensed from the bbc. To date they now have 4-5-6-7 and 8 all having done new stuff for them. This has given (certainly on this thread it appears) the chance for the much maligned Colin Baker to prove how shite the scripts were for the most part on tv and turning him into one of the best actors to play the doctor as well as in a refreshing change from the tv series giving him one of the best older assistants in maggie stables Evelyn, as well as proving that bonnie langford could act (no, seriously). It's also given Paul Mcgann the chance to flesh the role out after we never got a decent chance on telly and proved what a shame that we never had more than one. He's also had some of the best audio companions with India (masterchef) Fisher's Charley Pollard and Sheridan Smith's Lucie Miller. Even Sylvester Mcoy (who I didn't particularly like on the tv, my doctor was always Davison) has recently been getting some good stuff down the line. They've also done various spin offs with the older companions called the companion chronicles. They've also cast different actors in the role in a series called unbound which is all about what if's including "what if the doctor never left Gallifrey (Geoffrey "catweazle" Bayledon), "what if the doctor hadn't been unit's scientific adviser in the 70's (David Warner, along with David tennant)" and so on. In that series is Arabella Weir's female Doctor as well (but it's a bit crap sadly).

Lots of free clips and short episodes on the bigfinish site so go have a look.

Jelly Tussle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 1, 2013
Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor? That would be a departure.I might start watching it again. They should put it on after 9pm too. Imagine him telling Cybermen to fuck off left, right and centre :love:
Well; you've got your wish. Mr Swearalot is the new Dr Who! :D

I think it's a great choice. :^

CLICK

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Daleks! Fuck off ya wee tin cunts!

Master? Master of what, bating?

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One watched/enjoyed the early Quack Who in t'60s, then avoided until 2005-ish.

Since then I have enjoyed all the zaniness on Saturday night TV (usually the only thing to watch).

Obviously, the new Quack should have been a Muslim or similar Dark Lady (or a Jolly Green Digital Giant) for the anticipated Equal Opps. change.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Possibly for sharing reasons all Quack Whatever is jolly good, even if naff.

I enjoyed the first episodes back then, and even the ones since 2005. Time eh ...

Apart from footie, Saturday evening TV needs something worth watching to share on main UK 2 tellie channels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles