Dual 505-1 and Sansui SR55T

• NEW! Linn Owners Club CLICK HERE and please click join club to have full access.
Membership Upgrades

Tarzan

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2007
Hornchurch, England
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Free to good homes;

Dual 505-1 

This needs a clean up a new cartridge, sounds pretty good, it has the manual with it.

Sansui SR222 this again needs a clean, however it seems to run at 45rpm on 33rpm ( not tried the 33rpm ), this is boxed and comes with an Ortofon 520.

This would suit as a refurb for someone, collection only when current lockdown finishes.

Thanks for looking and have a nice day. :)

• Upvote
Reactions: insider9

mr neds

Wammer
Wammer
May 6, 2008
SE London, , Uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Andy. Don’t suppose you’d part with just the Ortofon? It’s a high compliance cartridge and the choice of these is very limited. Lurch sent me aPickering to try / buy, but the 520 keeps coming up as an alternative and it sounds like it would fit the bill! If not, no worries

cheers

Neds

mr neds

Wammer
Wammer
May 6, 2008
SE London, , Uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tempting, but no need of old turntables! I've got a Rotel RP 855 that has speed issues and a NAD 1520 that , as is traditional, drops the belt when you change speed, both hiding in the loft. . I've got the worst of the early SME arms (3009 s2 improved) which I didn't pay for, but it only works with high compliance cartridges, such as Shure, some Pickerings and a few Ortofons, so I'd like to try a few without making an expensive mistake. I'd happily send you an AT95 as a swap?

Cheers

Neds

g8ina

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 26, 2019
Northampton UK
AKA
David W Harris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hornchurch is a tad too far for me, but Id be happy to pay for postage on the Sansui ?? Im in Northampton.

Ta

Weeman1973

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 19, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK.
AKA
Russell
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can collect this Saturday early afternoon if that's good for you. May be able to pass them on during my travels.
If Julian can collect these, I meet up with him fairly regularly and work in Northampton so perhaps could get them to David at some point???