Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Having owned my pair of D&D 8C for over two years now I am really surprised that we don't have a thread on the owners group. 

For those not familiar with the 8C it is quite a speaker... well actually a cardioid active speaker. Each cabinet includes 3 amps (1000w), 2 wall coupling long throw rear firing subwoofers, wave guided tweeter, 8' mid range, Parametric EQ DSP, ADC, Preamp & eventually a networked soon endpoint...phew but its quite a list for a stand mount.

Real room performance is staggering with full range performance that is normally not achievable from a speaker of this size (yes they go down to 20hz). I owned a stack of really nice speakers prior to finding the 8c's and sure lots of them had really nice qualities but none of them had the overall package that the 8C offers.

I'd love to hear other owners experiences including what you are using your 8c's with.

My system comprises of the D&D 8C's with a Auralic G1 streamer fed by qobuz & roon, my analogue system is a rather special pimped up LP12 feeding into a whest PS30 RDT SE phono.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having owned my pair of D&D 8C for over two years now I am really surprised that we don't have a thread on the owners group. 

For those not familiar with the 8C it is quite a speaker... well actually a cardioid active speaker. Each cabinet includes 3 amps (1000w), 2 wall coupling long throw rear firing subwoofers, wave guided tweeter, 8' mid range, Parametric EQ DSP, ADC, Preamp & eventually a networked soon endpoint...phew but its quite a list for a stand mount.

Real room performance is staggering with full range performance that is normally not achievable from a speaker of this size (yes they go down to 20hz). I owned a stack of really nice speakers prior to finding the 8c's and sure lots of them had really nice qualities but none of them had the overall package that the 8C offers.

I'd love to hear other owners experiences including what you are using your 8c's with.

My system comprises of the D&D 8C's with a Auralic G1 streamer fed by qobuz & roon, my analogue system is a rather special pimped up LP12 feeding into a whest PS30 RDT SE phono.
What no pictures Paul?  Shame on you not pandering with us droolers😲

Knipester

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Oh, Go on then 

8515-F825-9-FE3-4020-9379-9987-FF74397-A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They look great very similar front baffle to the Event Opals...

1669768126179.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That would have been the WAM show Phil 2+ years ago. I think they were 4 days old at the time
Ah yes - the occasion of the "let's dismantle the bunk beds" incident - that was fun  :rofl:  I wonder if they ever managed to get it back together...?

Knipester

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Ah yes - the occasion of the "let's dismantle the bunk beds" incident - that was fun  :rofl:  I wonder if they ever managed to get it back together...?
I still have flash backs to opening my room door and seeing the bunk bed from hell (scaffolding grade). Thanks to all the WAM fairies that got to work on the dismantle.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles