Nemick

Wammer
Oct 9, 2019
Indianapolis, USA
AKA
Neil Micklewright
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My Klyde cartridge is getting a bit long in the tooth and I have never been terribly happy with it's tracking abilities. A friend of mine is loaning me a Dynavector 20x2H to try out, but since it is a High Output MC, will it cause any problems to run it through my MM phono section of my Selekt DSM or should I just stick to the MC phono section even though the Impedance won't likely be correct? Id welcome any input as I am a bit clueless about the technical stuff.

Thanks
Neil M

ThomasOK

LP12 Whisperer, Lejonklou importer
Wammer
Oct 19, 2018
Westland, MI USA
AKA
Thomas O'Keefe
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
You should definitely run it through the MM section of the Selekt DSM, that is what high-output MCs were designed for. If you run it through the MC stage you will almost assuredly overload the phono stage and cause significant, maybe even severe, distortion.

mskaye

mskaye
Wammer
Jul 8, 2019
US
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
You should definitely run it through the MM section of the Selekt DSM, that is what high-output MCs were designed for. If you run it through the MC stage you will almost assuredly overload the phono stage and cause significant, maybe even severe, distortion.
Keep us posted on your thoughts about the contrast w the Klyde (autocorrect really hates Linn's K fetish.)

• Upvote
Reactions: Nemick and akamatsu

Nemick

Wammer
Oct 9, 2019
Indianapolis, USA
AKA
Neil Micklewright
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will certainly follow up with some brief comments. Probably sometime next week. I appreciate the input from you all and I'm really glad I asked.

Neil M.

Nestor Turton

Nestor Turton
Wammer
Jan 30, 2019
Nowhere in Particular
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used to have DV20XL and really liked it. I had to go two runs up the Dynavector ladder and then to a Krystal to hear an improvement. I have no experience with high output version, but would expect it to perform well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles