Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello everyone

We have now engaged an architect to build our new home. We will have a dedicated music and cinema room but this question is for a social and eating space that will open via a 4m sliding door into a large covered terrace. The room will be about 9x6m.

I don’t want in ceiling speakers or any speakers that need to be on stands or floorstanders. Am thinking more along the lines of three carefully positioned Naim Muso QB, Sonos Play or Kef LSX as they are fuss free and easy to place. I could maybe use something like my Harbeth P3ESR on shelving fed by a Bluesound Node but am not sure that it’s worth going down that route but I am open minded and am looking forward to hearing your opinions. Spotify Connect is essential as it’s what most of our friends use and they can easily connect when at our place. I am not seeking the best sound quality

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can only speak for the Sonos speakers as I don't have any real experience of the Naim or KEF you mentioned. A good thing about the Sonos is the ability to group all units together to play the same music across them all, or to split them up into different groups or even individuals, so you can also add further units to "fill in" any gaps in coverage should you wish (or play different music on the terrace and inside the house, for example). The dinky Play One and the Five can also be set up as a stereo pair should you wish to go down that sort of route.

The One is great for background / noncritical listening. They support Spotify Connect and also Spotify through the Sonos app as well, plus a very wide range of other music services, including TuneIn, which you can still get BBC radio stations through.

Oh, and you could add Port or Amp products for use with your own speakers should you wish.

• Thanks
Reactions: DomT

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The BlueSound Pulse range of speakers will also work as individual or grouped mode. Additionally you won't need a separate streamer or amplifier as they will work as one via the BluOS app.

• Thanks

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You just can't beat Naim Muso's and Roon.

I have three QB's and one Muso, and use Roon to control them all. It just works, each time, every time.

Alternatively, have a look at Audio Pro C series. I have one of them inthe garage and the SQ is brilliant, and for the price its a no brainer. They will work on Multiroom through their native app.

• Thanks

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks guys I didn’t know about some of the functions and even that Bluesound made this sort of product. Looks like the market has improved since I looked a few years ago and that’s great news.

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You just can't beat Naim Muso's and Roon.

I have three QB's and one Muso, and use Roon to control them all. It just works, each time, every time.

Alternatively, have a look at Audio Pro C series. I have one of them inthe garage and the SQ is brilliant, and for the price its a no brainer. They will work on Multiroom through their native app.
Is Roon essential to control the Musos as I am not interested in Roon even for the music room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles