Elac FS 407

Tazzo

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone heard this speaker and what sound of sound do they produce? I a thinking of purchasing a pair second hand (Not the Vellas)

Juancho

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 22, 2014
London
AKA
David
Anyone heard this speaker and what sound of sound do they produce? I a thinking of purchasing a pair second hand (Not the Vellas)
I had a pair of these-and still miss them. The ribbon tweeter is amazing-you'll never want to go back to a conventional one. And an easy drive for valve amps despite 86db sensitivity as well as coming to life with solid state amps

Tazzo

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm still in two minds whether to buy or not, I have problems with my high sensitive hearing so am a bit reluctant on buying blind.

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm still in two minds whether to buy or not, I have problems with my high sensitive hearing so am a bit reluctant on buying blind.
I guess that would be the same with any speakers, yes? I sympathise with the hearing dilemma, but as long as they’re boxed and a good price then reselling shouldn’t be too hard.

It’s a decade or so since I heard Elac ‘ribbon’ designs at length, but I was very tempted by the then slim floorstanders that were around £2500-£3000. I’m guessing the forerunner to the 407? Beautiful sweet treble I thought.

Juancho

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 22, 2014
London
AKA
David
I guess that would be the same with any speakers, yes? I sympathise with the hearing dilemma, but as long as they’re boxed and a good price then reselling shouldn’t be too hard.

It’s a decade or so since I heard Elac ‘ribbon’ designs at length, but I was very tempted by the then slim floorstanders that were around £2500-£3000. I’m guessing the forerunner to the 407? Beautiful sweet treble I thought.
Yep, the treble is as good as it gets😊

Tazzo

Wammer
Apr 27, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It will cost me £80 for postage fees as there is noone locally I can audition them with. Not sure I want to buy blind. It might be more trouble than its worth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles