• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Emilliana Torrini

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
32,264
552
173
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Avoid like the plague. I have never heard such a wet soggy finger in my ear. The simpering, liquidity her bleating actually makes me feel sick. I mean physically sick. Sweet? Jesus christ a bottle of undiluted Ribena would be more piquant.

Avoid it. Don't listen to the reviews, they are all wrong, this is horrid horrid music*

*Its not music, I have no idea what word to use.

 

kennyk

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
4,850
0
0
thecrossovernetwork,
bollocks. your ears are wrong. it's a stunning album, and so say all at Eofs bakeoff
tongue.png


 

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
5,878
1,241
158
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
A bit controversial Chief, much loved on here.

Only heard one song myself which was pleasant enough.

I'm sure others will be along shortly.
wink.png


 

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
6,491
8
0
Cambs, , United King
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Avoid like the plague. I have never heard such a wet soggy finger in my ear. The simpering, liquidity her bleating actually makes me feel sick. I mean physically sick. Sweet? Jesus christ a bottle of undiluted Ribena would be more piquant.Avoid it. Don't listen to the reviews, they are all wrong, this is horrid horrid music*

*Its not music, I have no idea what word to use.
goodpost.gif.00822561e807cf35c79b3503f2e609d0.gif
:lmao:

 

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
32,264
552
173
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit wrote:

HiFiWigWam wrote:
Avoid like the plague. I have never heard such a wet soggy finger in my ear. The simpering, liquidity her bleating actually makes me feel sick. I mean physically sick. Sweet? Jesus christ a bottle of undiluted Ribena would be more piquant.Avoid it. Don't listen to the reviews, they are all wrong, this is horrid horrid music*

*Its not music, I have no idea what word to use.
goodpost.gif.00822561e807cf35c79b3503f2e609d0.gif
:lmao:
Thank God. Some sense prevails.
biggrin.png


Fucking simpering puke enducers, too much of it about.
wink.png


 

kennyk

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
4,850
0
0
thecrossovernetwork,
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Biscuit wrote:
HiFiWigWam wrote:
Avoid like the plague. I have never heard such a wet soggy finger in my ear. The simpering, liquidity her bleating actually makes me feel sick. I mean physically sick. Sweet? Jesus christ a bottle of undiluted Ribena would be more piquant.Avoid it. Don't listen to the reviews, they are all wrong, this is horrid horrid music*

*Its not music, I have no idea what word to use.
goodpost.gif.00822561e807cf35c79b3503f2e609d0.gif
:lmao:
Thank God. Some sense prevails.
biggrin.png
nah, how can you count someone who doesn't like Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly"

14-00000002.gif.828495f168ee75f09f640fa4f13bd3a2.gif


 

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
6,694
1,182
158
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Earl's mansion.

Griffo's TT, Kennyk's record, Trevor's Prima Luna, TIU's Revolvers.

A bunch of audio geeks sat transfixed without a word spoken for the entire side of an album.

Nuff said - it's sheer quality.

 

kennyk

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
4,850
0
0
thecrossovernetwork,
HiFiWigWam wrote:

kennyk wrote:
still outvoted, chief... I think you bought Dido by mistake
allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif
This shite makes Dido sound good.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif


glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif


Fisherman's Woman is a lovely delicate album. perhaps it requires a different system presentation to get the nuances from it?

"Home alone and happy, nothing brings me down..." :note:

 

RichardG

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 4, 2005
2,128
18
0
West of Cardiff, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Does thirded come after seconded?

Bores my little ears off she does. Will be honest and admit I've not heard the second album but bought the first on the "strength" of "Unemployed in Summertime" a decent enough ballad (coughs). Thought she might be a bit more spunky but nope.

Music for people who find Corrine Bailey Rae "a bit edgy"

Avoid.

 

istari knight

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2005
1,807
10
83
South downs
AKA
James
Well i really like it , Where as you (lot) dislike it - This is good is it not ???

I for one would find this place rather boring if we all liked the same music (& kit)

Diversity is what keeps this place growing - And long may it continue !!!

 

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
10,281
1,271
0
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
istari knight wrote:

Well i really like it , Where as you (lot) dislike it - This is good is it not ???I for one would find this place rather boring if we all liked the same music (& kit)

Diversity is what keeps this place growing - And long may it continue !!!
bleedin ell isatri- good thought but not tagged onto this thread, people may think your creepin to wiggers

 

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
32,264
552
173
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
RichardG wrote:

Does thirded come after seconded?Bores my little ears off she does. Will be honest and admit I've not heard the second album but bought the first on the "strength" of "Unemployed in Summertime" a decent enough ballad (coughs). Thought she might be a bit more spunky but nope.

Music for people who find Corrine Bailey Rae "a bit edgy"

Avoid.
see, now people like you should post more often. Especially with that top avatar.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
:cool:
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
:cool:
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif
:cool:

 

Vic Mackey

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 10, 2006
319
0
0
Below the Noise Floo
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Avoid like the plague. I have never heard such a wet soggy finger in my ear. The simpering, liquidity her bleating actually makes me feel sick. I mean physically sick. Sweet? Jesus christ a bottle of undiluted Ribena would be more piquant.Avoid it. Don't listen to the reviews, they are all wrong, this is horrid horrid music*

*Its not music, I have no idea what word to use.
I am with you on that one. Bought it after reading the glowing praise on here. Got filed in the "not good" part of the collection.

To these ears is just twee and instantly forgetable.

But- different strokes for different folkes. That's why this hobby is so exciting.

Vic
smile.png


 

kennyk

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
4,850
0
0
thecrossovernetwork,
did a quick test last night. results were as follows

Emiliana's Fisherman's Woman
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif


Coldplay's X&Y
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif


Goldfrapp was perfect when used as handycoaster to put my glass on. and two halves of a Dido CD made very amusing silver 'ears' for the wife.

 

Forum statistics

Threads
108,034
Messages
2,287,365
Members
69,146
Latest member
Kinchitshaw