garn63

Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
N. Wales.
AKA
Mark.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ah well ...watching England is better nowadays ?  Would have picked penalty takers with the broadest most experienced shoulders not "let's see If they've got them" in a pressured situation.  It was a good tournament & very welcome after covid. World Cup nxt year  :)

Reactions: MVJ

BruceFlea

BruceFlea
Wammer
May 19, 2019
Rotherby Leics.
AKA
Nic
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
England have had a superb run at the Euro’s, losing in the final by the tiniest of margins to a team on a run of 34 games unbeaten! I certainly think the team and manager have done us all proud!

As for the penalty’s, no doubt the players who in training who have been knocking em in consistently took em!

You’ve also got to hand it to Mancini, he’s certainly created a minor miracle with his squad!

MVJ

A Rob Burrow MND charity supporter.
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
Guiseley, Leeds,
AKA
Steve,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fully agree Nic 👍 The young lad taking the last penalty looked terrified and take one against one of the best most intimidating keepers around at the moment won't have helped.

The racism the occured overnight is totally disgusting the culprits should be made an example of and locked up. This just confirms why I don't follow football there is to much tribalism and a breeding ground for neo nazi's. In my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Bishop

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 19, 2015
I think the racism thats occured overnight is utterly disgusting and just confirms why I don't watch it or follow it. 
I might well follow your lead. I don't follow football generally but do take an interest in the international tournaments. I think that may stop.

Just been in touch with a chap in Italy and congratulated him on the win. He mentioned the racist abuse - it's obviously already all over the international media and brings shame on us.

BruceFlea

BruceFlea
Wammer
May 19, 2019
Rotherby Leics.
AKA
Nic
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The poor lad who took the last penalty looked terrified and to face one of the most experienced and intimidating keepers in the game at the moment would'nt have helped.

I think the racism thats occured overnight is utterly disgusting and just confirms why I don't watch it or follow it. 
There is mate certainly a very unsavoury side to football, it is a very small percentage, but it’s there and needs stamping out, the platforms from where it is happening need to take account and stop it!

ESK

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Euan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One thing that should be simple but no doubt others will say is not is that if you create an account on a social media site then you should have to give some proof of identity and verified other details to all the site owners which they have to keep secure and private until you cross the divide and make illegal comments when they should be delivered to the rlevant authorities.

If the site owners are not to be trusted then they need to create an international authority that holds details .

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The PM has spoken of piccaninnies with watermelon smiles; Priti Patel spoke out against gesture politics and Elphicke questioned if Rashford should have been practising penalties while 'playing with politics'. This is not just a football problem and a quick scan through someone's social media history will normally reveal the likelihood of a hacking.