• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Eusebio RIP

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
West Cheshire
AKA
Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I remember watching the Portugal v North Korea 1966 World Cup match on TV live from Goodison Park, Korea were three up and my mum dragged me off for a haircut. :cs:

Missed Eusebio's four goals.

North Korea's goalie 5'7" and no gloves. :)

The second penalty , Eusebio hacked down and looked like he needed a stretcher got up and took it :)

enjoy :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25604175

Valvebloke

Wammer
Dec 3, 2009
Didcot, Oxon
AKA
Graeme
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very sorry to see this this morning :( :( :( .

The second penalty , Eusebio hacked down and looked like he needed a stretcher got up and took it :)
They were men back then. I watched the whole clip and earlier on someone gets chopped to the ground and he gets up with his leg so badly hurt he can't put any weight on it. So unbidden he hops to the touchline and then sinks to the ground. None of the wriggling and writhing about like a woodlouse on its back which seems to be the fashion these days.

VB

lexi

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 5, 2008
Glasgow, ,
Fantastic individual and like Pele, Charlton etc , a real Gent. We all wanted his football boot type which were the less fashionable

Puma. Pele wore Addidas. It was the real start of big branding.

66 and then 68 in European Cup Final were particularly memorable.

JVS

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2009
Ilford, Essex
AKA
Jim
I remember watching the Portugal v North Korea 1966 World Cup match on TV live from Goodison Park, Korea were three up and my mum dragged me off for a haircut. :cs: Missed Eusebio's four goals.

North Korea's goalie 5'7" and no gloves. :)

enjoy :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25604175
My Dad took me to that game Barry - probably the most exciting day in my (ten year old) life. :^

Eusebio was my hero after that - what a gifted player :love:

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
West Cheshire
AKA
Barry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My Dad took me to that game Barry - probably the most exciting day in my (ten year old) life. :^ Eusebio was my hero after that - what a gifted player :love:
Wow, what a match to be at !

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was also lucky to be taken by my Dad to that match and at the ripe age of 9 was transfixed by this man . He was one of those players that every time he got the ball you expected something to happen . Croif , Maradona , Messi and Suarez all give you the same feeling and it is special when you see it. Eusebio was a giant both on and off the field and opened the door for all African players that later came to European clubs he was one of the true greats of the game and there are very few of those.

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I too loved Eusebio as a player - I never knew him/commiserations to all of his.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kengxx