Ever missed a concert

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Waterboys , I was convinced it was the Thursday 12th , I was just putting some footie match tickets away when I saw my ticket, Sunday 8th December was flashing at me like a beacon:doh:.

Trying to make myself feel better, well I have seen them before, and it was only a £25 ticket, would have been worse if I was ready to go and grabbed the ticket then :zip:

cobbler

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 19, 2009
Northants
AKA
Pete
My brother and I went to see the Boomtown Rats back in the 80s at our local theatre and when we arrived there was a middle aged couple in our seats, we spoke to an usher and he duly ousted the couple and sent them packing .................. it was only when Max Boyce walked on stage we realised we were there a week early :oops:

Brown Bottle

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
The Hoo Peninsula
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I turned down a free ticket to see Madonna at Aintree because I had a ticket for a Middlesbrough game on the same day. Boro won but I haven't got the foggyist who we played.

Cheers BB

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My brother and I went to see the Boomtown Rats back in the 80s at our local theatre and when we arrived there was a middle aged couple in our seats, we spoke to an usher and he duly ousted the couple and sent them packing .................. it was only when Max Boyce walked on stage we realised we were there a week early :oops:
:rofl: brilliant.

G

I've lobbed away more than my fair share of tickets, simply because I was too knackered on the night.

A very long time ago I had tickets to see "a new rock & roll band, from LA I think" at the Marquee. After discussing it for a couple of minutes me and my mate decided not to bother and just have a few more jars in the student union instead.

Guns & Roses just before "Appetite ..." came out. :doh:

G

Frank Zappa. 1971 ish.

Groupie's jealous boyfriend chucked him off stage a few night before he got to Manchester.

David Bowie, Ziggy tour.

Too much homework/shortage of cash.

Catch him next time.

Never did.

Sex Pistols 1976, somewhere in the Blackburn area for 40p.

Some self righteous f#ckers banned them.

Where's that Samaritans number when you need it?

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I managed to miss most of Metallica's concert in Abu Dhabi. I passed out with heat exhaustion after about five songs :doh: . Spent the rest of the night throwing up in the first aid tent :sick: . Was still throwing up two hours later. I could understand it if I had too much alcohol to drink, but I had not even got started. I should have drank more water through the day, hey-ho :roll: .

mikedefacto

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Liverpool
AKA
Mike
I turned down a free ticket to see Madonna at Aintree because I had a ticket for a Middlesbrough game on the same day. Boro won but I haven't got the foggyist who we played.Cheers BB
Did you put a bet on her?

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Haven't missed any through Can't Be Arsed, but a couple have been cancelled on me. Civil Wars due to band strop, and Placebo due to the roof blowing off the gig venue.

G

I've lobbed away more than my fair share of tickets, simply because I was too knackered on the night.
Haven't missed any through Can't Be Arsed, but a couple have been cancelled on me. Civil Wars due to band strop, and Placebo due to the roof blowing off the gig venue.
The Civil Wars being one of those acts that I didn't have the energy to go to. Turned out it was their last ever gig - at the Roundhouse. The tickets didn't actually go in the bin that time - gave them to a colleague in the afternoon. He reckoned the support act (The Lumineers) were better :D

karlinamillion

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2007
Londinium
AKA
Karl
The Waterboys , I was convinced it was the Thursday 12th , I was just putting some footie match tickets away when I saw my ticket, Sunday 8th December was flashing at me like a beacon:doh:.Trying to make myself feel better, well I have seen them before, and it was only a £25 ticket, would have been worse if I was ready to go and grabbed the ticket then :zip:
Phew! That was a near miss.

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Waterboys , I was convinced it was the Thursday 12th , I was just putting some footie match tickets away when I saw my ticket, Sunday 8th December was flashing at me like a beacon:doh:.Trying to make myself feel better, well I have seen them before, and it was only a £25 ticket, would have been worse if I was ready to go and grabbed the ticket then :zip:
it won't make you feel any better but I am going to see them tonight.

I could do a couple of minutes on my phone and post it up here if you like? :D

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
it won't make you feel any better but I am going to see them tonight.I could do a couple of minutes on my phone and post it up here if you like? :D
No you are alright , you might get it in the neck anyway from the guy behind :clout:

Professor Chaos

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 6, 2007
Toronto
AKA
Kelley
Not technically a miss but Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder tour. Had to flee in the throes of an incredibly bad acid trip:nerves:

zygote23

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 10, 2006
North Ireland, ,
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Was given Tickets to see Queen Live in Dublin late 70's......folks wouldn't let me get the train down plus I'd never been to Dublin so would have never found the venue or a train back before bedtime! Was chatting to my next door neighbour the next day only to find out he'd driven down! Gutted.

Passed out on to the breasts of a girl at an OMD gig in Belfast in the 80's....woke up on my face outside after the bouncers thought I'd assaulted her!

brystonian

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2012
Bedfordshire
AKA
Jim
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Missed a Metallica concert in London due to having the flu. Made it as far as Kings Cross, then felt so shite I just went home.

Corruption

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2009
Bristol, UK
AKA
Neil
Missed a gig earlier this year as it was on an August Bank Holiday Monday and there was NO PUBLIC TRANSPORT and I didn't feel like spending £50 on taxi fares for the sake of a £5 gig ticket.

Who in God's name organises a gig on a Bank Holiday FFS!? :doh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online