Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
On offer is a very nice example of an EWA M-50 power amp. This is a 3/4 width device in silver which produces some 50W both channels into 8ohms and 100W into 4 ohms with a peak current of 64amps. In addition to a sophisticated power supply the first 5 watts SECA (Single Ended Class A) driver stage then slides into Class A/B at higher outputs. It comes complete with one of Colin's own MC-V power cables hard-wired into the amplifier thus avoiding unnecessary connections etc. The cable is terminated in a quality MK mains plug fitted with an MS HD fuse. This amplifier was built in 2018 utilising a pre-production case but with full production internals, subsequent versions were generally in black casework. There are a single pair of RCA inputs and two pairs of high quality multi-way binding posts.

These earlier versions were equipped with an on/off toggle switch on the front, however, just prior to when I bought it some 10 months ago the amplifier was returned to Colin for a complete checkover during which he replaced the toggle switch with the latest press button design. The press button ON/OFF switch operates a 16A relay with spark suppression, and maximum isolation for a safe operation. This particular amplifier also has three large oak cone feet glued to the base of the amplifier (which can be removed if required) in addition to the four normal small rubber feet which are still present.

After more years than I care to remember being addicted to this hobby, I have tried no end of power amps many much more expensive than this one and despite the numerous positive reviews I had read, the M-50 directly replaced a considerably more powerful Class D power amp and I fully expected it to sound a little underpowered. How wrong I was, it actually sounds way more powerful than I expected and in terms of sound quality is probably the best I've had.

I have been so impressed that I recently acquired an M-50A with balanced inputs which allows me to use the balanced outputs from my DAC and preamp.

I do have the original plain box to enable shipping.

Asking £950 plus shipping or free collection from Ipswich, Suffolk.
EWA2.jpg
EWA.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: naca5

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Apologies. I should have mentioned that I am travelling abroad next Sunday (15th May) for eight days returning late 23rd May and so should anyone be interested in this amplifier it would need to be posted or collected by next Saturday latest if you would like to have it in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles