Wammer
Wammer
Mar 3, 2013
Rutland
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For sale is this immaculate example of the classic Thorens TD 125 MK 11 turntable in a professionally made custom plinth finished in stunning Macassar Ebony.

The plinth was made using birch ply topped off with a beautiful veneer by the highly regarded craftsman Russ Collinson at a cost of around £800.

Everything works perfectly and sound quality really is top notch. It comes with manufacturers manual , knurled adjustable brass spikes and spike cups , spare belt, custom made acrylic lift off cover,  spare springs and 2 spare arm boards as shown in the pics.

Sorry, no manufacturers box so this is strictly for collection only from post code area LE15.

Selling for £400 which bearing in mind the cost of the plinth alone is something of a bargain.

8D547DF0-D613-42CA-A405-F97B963C2422.jpeg

30A9E28B-EEDE-45EE-BA04-80AA8588C979.jpeg

E993663A-847A-4E80-AFD4-692853DE2A99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

batteredhaggis

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 29, 2013
East Sussex
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A lovely turntable and a very fair price. 

Jon knows his stuff. Having both met (twice whilst visiting and exhibiting at Scalford) and bought from him before I can vouch that you won’t find a lovelier or more straightforward guy to deal with. 

Sorry Jon to embarrass you... not  ;-)

jhud

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 3, 2013
Rutland
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A lovely turntable and a very fair price. 

Jon knows his stuff. Having both met (twice whilst visiting and exhibiting at Scalford) and bought from him before I can vouch that you won’t find a lovelier or more straightforward guy to deal with. 

Sorry Jon to embarrass you... not  ;-)
Thanks for the kind words Jamie -             Ah Scalford !   Those were the days eh !   Remember the time ................. :D

• Haha
Reactions: batteredhaggis

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Solid bit of kit the TD125  I have a SME 3009 on mine a classic combo that never fails to impress. 

I had the new Springsteen LP "Western Stars" arrive the weekend its been pretty hot in the house but I think I might just fire up the valve amps make myself a G&T chill out and have a first listen.

GLWS

Last edited by a moderator:

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is a ridiculous bargain  - can also vouch for Jon as a completely trustworthy seller - I can't justify (domestically) a third turntable, or I would have this in the blink of an eye..

glenann

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 15, 2009
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Don’t worry, I’m working on it!! Sold my 125 18 months ago and regret it still. This looks a whole lot better, but I only have an RB250 to go on it.  I had a Jelco 750 E on my previous one, Will the 250 be ok? I have a Hana SL which I’ve just won in a competition, so I know that’ll be good.  :D

Any advice would be appreciated.. I’m almost ready to pull the trigger.

Idlewithnodrive

You should hear our version of Louie Louie
Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Any advice would be appreciated.. I’m almost ready to pull the trigger.
It looks fantastic (= no grief from the boss), it's an excellent price (= you won't lose anything if you don't get on with it = no grief from the boss), I use Hana SL's on 2 Rega derivative arms and they work extremely well (= no worry about arm matching).

That just about sorts it, I think. Right then, away you go :D

glenann

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 15, 2009
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It looks fantastic (= no grief from the boss), it's an excellent price (= you won't lose anything if you don't get on with it = no grief from the boss), I use Hana SL's on 2 Rega derivative arms and they work extremely well (= no worry about arm matching).

That just about sorts it, I think. Right then, away you go :D
Awesome... I just need you to pay for it! 😄😄

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Pretty sure that this was mine and I had the plinth made to my specification by Russ Collinson.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online