Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My Q7 should arrive today and I thought I might say a few words and post a few photos upon putting them together. I probably won’t add to anything already out there but we do have an insatiable appetite for such things and I’ll enjoy doing it so there !

As I’ve rambled before, my decision to buy the Q7 was a mix of having wanted something LS3/5a -ish for ages, having heard the Falcon model a couple of times at my place and two or three round at Nagraboys. These are without doubt utterly enchanting speakers. I can’t really run to the entry fee of these but being aware of soon coming price increases and the fact that the kit version of the Q7 represent a cost of under half of the assembled LS3/5a I took the plunge.

Sonically I’m not expecting any surprises – I’ve read a few reviews but the bottom line in that the man himself, Jerry from Falcon, said this in an email to me, and I quote:

They sound the same (as their LS3/5a) except it has a bit more bass because of the optimised cabinet volume.

That’ll do for me ! .

I shall be pack later with a brew, screwdriver and camera in hand…..

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My initial thoughts are that the quality of components (and packing) is absolutely first rate. I was surprised at the solidity/weight of the crossover, a flimsy thing (and I'm thinking of the ones to the JR149) this is not. Alas time is limited this morning and domestic obligations call !

1.jpg

3.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigwig07

Wammer
Wammer
May 28, 2016
Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will be interested to hear your thoughts.

I don’t understand, if it so simple to put together, why Falcon don’t just market a fully complete version (or maybe they do) ?

And why is the Ls35a so expensive. And why do they no longer do that in kit form?

Hmmmmm 

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will be interested to hear your thoughts.

I don’t understand, if it so simple to put together, why Falcon don’t just market a fully complete version (or maybe they do) ?

And why is the Ls35a so expensive. And why do they no longer do that in kit form?

Hmmmmm 
They do have a factory assembled version for around £300 more.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And we fix everything to this bit and then that bit into the cabinet. national Trust blanket on table not specified but a nifty move to protect from any minor scratches !

creek1.jpg
Is that the final finish on the cabinet Ian or will you be oiling/waxing them yourself?

They look nice btw👍

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles