Falcons - a visit to Nagraboy just cost me !

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been toying with the idea of a current production LS3/5a derivative for a while now but even used prices are too much of an entry fee for me.

Just visited the boy Nagra for an overdue catch up and listen to his Falcons and was reminded just how enticing and enchanting these are.

Bottom line is I phoned Falcon and ordered their Q7 there and then having finally made a decision.

I'd been pondering these and had emailed Falcon yesterday, with Jerry (almost immediately) responding confirming these were pretty much the LS3/5a but with a bit more bass. Truth is it was now or never as we're going to be seeing some pretty steep increases in the coming months. 

So if somebody would now buy my Leak I'd be very grateful 🙃

We also had to smile that you can pick up the phone to order some speakers and the bloke who runs the company takes your order. This has to be a rare thing !

So, between us we'll be able to offer a comparison between these two and the Harbeth P3ESRs. Now if someone has some original Rogers and Stirlings it's a party, albeit a very polite British heritage one !

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are you keeping the Harbeth P3ESR you list?

Is this a Leak valve amp you want to sell? Not for me, I have a Stereo 20. 

• Upvote
Reactions: Ian

PeteT59

Wammer
Jul 20, 2020
Brighton
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now if someone has some original Rogers and Stirlings it's a party, albeit a very polite British heritage one !
Sadly no longer have my Rogers LS3/5a's, but I'm sure someone will have some..?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Upvote

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Be even better if someone can bring along a pair of the original KEF Ref 101 to make up a threesome comparison .. wishing you many hours of happy listening with your new purchase .. 

• Upvote

Psilonaught

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Saffron Walden
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
From the website photos I think they look v nice with the grills off. I like the fact the front is slightly sunk into the speaker.

Also fun to build yourself which is a bonus!

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The assemble yourself way is a real saver. Jerry at Falcon reckons they'd be 2.5 x the price if sold assembled through dealers. Now I appreciate this business model is no good for the dealership trade, but I can't help thinking it's one way forwards for what is becoming a more niche market with price increases on the way.

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The assemble yourself way is a real saver. Jerry at Falcon reckons they'd be 2.5 x the price if sold assembled through dealers. Now I appreciate this business model is no good for the dealership trade, but I can't help thinking it's one way forwards for what is becoming a more niche market with price increases on the way.
How much assembly is required? I fancy the idea of building from a kit but is there any specific technical skill required?

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How much assembly is required? I fancy the idea of building from a kit but is there any specific technical skill required?
Looks to be basic screwing together of components with no soldering required. 2 hours to complete the job is mentioned. 

Trust me, any more than this and I'd have walked away !

• Upvote
Reactions: DomT and Nagraboy

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks to be basic screwing together of components with no soldering required. 2 hours to complete the job is mentioned. 

Trust me, any more than this and I'd have walked away !
Take some pics as you go, it'll be great to see the build. Good luck  :^

deggie

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 12, 2011
edge of birmingham
AKA
keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Are these on par with the Harbie threes.........or do they lack the midrange magic of the threes.

Thanks Ian for the links.

Nagraboy

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2014
Nottingham
AKA
Greg
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Are these on par with the Harbie threes.........or do they lack the midrange magic of the threes.

Thanks Ian for the links.
Depends who you ask. Some would say it’s the other way round. I like both of them, it’s down to matching with your taste, system and room.

Reactions: deggie and DomT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles