• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Favourite Sounding Instrument

Favourite instrument ?

• Drums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Electric Guitar

• Bass Guitar

• Acoustic Guitar

• Synths/Keyboards etc

• Piano

• Brass

• Strings eg violin

• Woodwind eg flute

• Total voters

Sheva

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2006
Chiavenna
AKA
Sheva
So you like the overall sound of what’s currently blasting from the speakers, but is there one instrument in particular that always stands out for you, regardless of what you’re listening to. Maybe the drumming or you focus in on the bass lines… for me I really got into music in the very early 80s with synth-pop, and have always had a preference for electronic sounds rather than the conventional rock guitars and drums.

I suspect I may have missed something obvious from the list ??? I hope there aren’t any big bagpipe fans out there.

(I’m not sure if there was a poll similar to this a few weeks back:?, but if there was, I’m sure someone will make it known fast enough.)

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I guess being a late 60s/70s rock guru electric guitar is what I love most. But love jazz so good woodwind particularly clarinet/sax is high on my agenda.

kennyk

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
thecrossovernetwork,
wot, not Cittern/Mandola/Irish Bouzouki
wub.png
tongue.png

sft1.jpg

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
A heavily amplified electric guitar and lashings of even order harmonics please. See sig.

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
I'll go for the instrument that makes roads vibrate andpavements shudder, you know the one. Lots of young ladsplay recordings of this instrument in cars and have people 'rapping' over thetop.Some modern-day r'n'b acts use these instruments too. I've never seen one though, must be rare as rocking horse shit and cost a bomb.

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
notaclue wrote:

I have voted for the flute. I have always said that the flute should be more widely used in rock'n'pop.
This is what happens when you allow flutes into popular music.

Is this really what you want notty? Are you sure?

You should change your vote if at all possible.

JethroTull.jpg

istari knight

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2005
South downs
AKA
James
Electric guitar any day - Esp a band called DragonForce - i have no idea how the guitarist keeps up with the drummer its amazing !

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
easily, because these were used by people who made exciting and interesting music rather than the utter blandness of most 'real' bands throughout the 80's, 90's and 00's...

syep2001

Wammer
Wammer
May 5, 2006
Plymouth
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I love acoustic guitar, my prefered choice of music, for me you can hear with a good hifi each string being plucked, love it!

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Biscuit wrote:

easily, because these were used by people who made exciting and interesting music rather than the utter blandness of most 'real' bands throughout the 80's, 90's and 00's...
goodpost.gif.00822561e807cf35c79b3503f2e609d0.gif
D&B Rawks.

chezi

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
We're not voting for music or bands here mate, just instruments. Any record you like can have real drumssubstituted for thecomputerised drums and surely you wouldn't go off the song? Drums can be made to sound very different depending on the production, you can even make a real kit sound like drum pads (if you wanted to:Not Sure:).

Lots of bands who started off with drum machines actually did so due to financial ortime constraints, or not being able to find adecent drummer! Besides, I don't think the box you have nominated is actually an instrument. It's a computerised device which either plays samples ofor synthesises a real instrument.You could start the keyboard argument now but keyboards are actually played like a piano - ie as an instrument, drum machines are not played like drums and rhythm machines aren't played like a bass - they are programmed like a computer in a very non-musical way. Old drum machines sounded terrible but modern day ones can actually be very good,I use onefor song learningpurposes.....but I'd never record with it given the chance of using a real drummer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kawuschel