• The WAM 22 TICKETS and details can be found HERE

stylesound

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 30, 2009
Kendal, Cumbria ,
AKA
Mike
Many of our male dominated sports such as golf, motorcycle and car racing, darts, athletics, snooker, football, cricket, rugby league & union etc now have attractive young female sports presenters, interviwers and commentators.  Did they get the job because of what they can add as a result of their experience and knowledge or is it because the sport is so dull that it needs bolstering with the presence of a young pretty female.  A bit like the Sun newspaper needs a page 3 girl.

Reactions: steve 57

andrew s

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 10, 2014
Cheshire
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many of our male dominated sports such as golf, motorcycle and car racing, darts, athletics, snooker, football, cricket, rugby league & union etc now have attractive young female sports presenters, interviwers and commentators.  Did they get the job because of what they can add as a result of their experience and knowledge or is it because the sport is so dull that it needs bolstering with the presence of a young pretty female.  A bit like the Sun newspaper needs a page 3 girl.
Looking at the pay differential I imagine it's cost drive - honest.

Regards Andrew 

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
A gentle reminder chaps from the site AUP: Personal attacks, racist, sexist or homophobic comments or any comments that breach any laws are not allowed under any circumstances. Any posts not in line with this will be deleted immediately and may result in a permanent ban of the user.

Reactions: Tony_J and rabski

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Looking at the pay differential I imagine it's cost drive - honest.

Regards Andrew 
I’d be interested to see your source for the pay differential. Actual evidence of a female presenter being paid less than a male presenter of equal experience. 

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

andrew s

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 10, 2014
Cheshire
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’d be interested to see your source for the pay differential. Actual evidence of a female presenter being paid less than a male presenter of equal experience. 
I made it up, I was the source. It was intended as a light hearted comment.

Regards Andrew 

Last edited by a moderator: