Festival Time

audioboy

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 25, 2006
Guidlford, , United
Ok well, summer is almost here and i guess that means the start of the festival season. This being my last year at school before i go to University me and my mates have decided to go to a festival this summer.

At first we looked into going to Reading, but costs (from Gibraltar) were a bit to high. We then found out about a festival taking place in Madrid (http://www.summercase.com/indexen.html) and have decided to go to that instead. Having never been to a proper concert (dont find many of them in Gibralter) i am really looking forward to going to this fesival.

Just wondering if anyone else is planning on going to any festivals or other musical events this summer?

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I've got tickets for GLASTONBURY
biggrin.png

yahoo.gif.427f12e83b189951e0b3a226f4b02209.gif
74_74.gif.e35fe9be22561407fdbfee747b876f81.gif
dribble.gif.d7c791c8c1fcd106b5acaa26ef2a6658.gif
beer.gif.509790b8fbec49d7a428dc837b3555f0.gif

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With my back the way it is and approaching the big 50 I am not for sleeping on the ground anymore.

But every year the Cropedy is held in nearby Banbury and am going on the Saturday this year so Mrs Strat can see early favourites of hers Fairport Convention and the line up will also feature the Bucket Boys who have in their ranks ace guitarist Tim Renwick who featured in the Sutherland Brothers and Quiver and has sessioned with Pinkfloyd and a host of others. Also seeing the Who at Wembley andour eldest daughter is seeing Muse at Wembley Stadium and going to Reading. Still :rockin:just:roll:!

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The Strat wrote:

With my back the way it is and approaching the big 50 I am not for sleeping on the ground anymore.But every year the Cropedy is held in nearby Banbury and am going on the Saturday this year so Mrs Strat can see early favourites of hers Fairport Convention and the line up will also feature the Bucket Boys who have in their ranks ace guitarist Tim Renwick who featured in the Sutherland Brothers and Quiver and has sessioned with Pinkfloyd and a host of others. Also seeing the Who at Wembley andour eldest daughter is seeing Muse at Wembley Stadium and going to Reading. Still :rockin:just:roll:!
Luckily I am a mere lad of 45, and a lifetime of avoiding sport has left my frame in good condition...hard surfaces hold no fear...

The Who are on my "find something else!" list along with Chas'n'Dave, Shirley Bassey and Mika. :puke:

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The idea of going to a festival is far better than the experience IMO, certainly in these modern times. Far too many people, a high percentage of them arseholes, a lot of dross on the bill and pickpockets/shitloads of mud put Injector off these days. I'd rather go to the pub, come back with a curry and slap on some proper tunes. Then shag a bird. Much better.

GJO

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2006
Kent, ,
AKA
Graham
The Strat wrote:

With my back the way it is and approaching the big 50 I am not for sleeping on the ground anymore.But every year the Cropedy is held in nearby Banbury and am going on the Saturday this year so Mrs Strat can see early favourites of hers Fairport Convention and the line up will also feature the Bucket Boys who have in their ranks ace guitarist Tim Renwick who featured in the Sutherland Brothers and Quiver and has sessioned with Pinkfloyd and a host of others. Also seeing the Who at Wembley andour eldest daughter is seeing Muse at Wembley Stadium and going to Reading. Still :rockin:just:roll:!
53 this year bad back,don't fancy sitting in a field anymore and as for standing all day would probably kill me,weare going to Hyde Park to see Peter Gabriel and have decided to splash out on VIP tickets,expensive but you get a seat.

Still will console ourselves with sit down gigs,so far booked this year,Seasick Steve,Rodger Walters.Ray Davies,Steely Dan and John Fogerty.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
GJO wrote:

Still will console ourselves with sit down gigs,so far booked this year,Seasick Steve,Rodger Walters.Ray Davies,Steely Dan and John Fogerty.
Gjo, Steely dan should be a great gig...I refuse to go to Fogerty gig cause he kill off CCR
angry_smile.gif.8c0f636dd68eb7da5c2577e161ee9e27.gif

GJO

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2006
Kent, ,
AKA
Graham
ob1971 wrote:

GJO wrote:
Gjo, Steely dan should be a great gig...I refuse to go to Fogerty gig cause he kill off CCR
angry_smile.gif.8c0f636dd68eb7da5c2577e161ee9e27.gif
Couldn't resist the chance of seeing/hearing him and I hate Wembley.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Injector wrote:

The idea of going to a festival is far better than the experience IMO, certainly in these modern times. Far too many people, a high percentage of them arseholes, a lot of dross on the bill and pickpockets/shitloads of mud put Injector off these days. I'd rather go to the pub, come back with a curry and slap on some proper tunes. Then shag a bird. Much better.
Obviously you pick the wrong festivals , IMO there's nothing like being in a field for a couple of days , drinking overpriced cider , swallowing , sniffing , smoking various substances and jumping around like a feckin eejit , then a few days sitting in the darkness of your own home coming down and back to the real world
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
, I love it and thats why I go back year after year.
party4.gif.af93715a971cd102256f35cade2c9c1e.gif

Roll on T in the Park.

chezi

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
chezi61 wrote:

Injector wrote:
Obviously you pick the wrong festivals , IMO there's nothing like being in a field for a couple of days , drinking overpriced cider , swallowing , sniffing , smoking various substances and jumping around like a feckin eejit , then a few days sitting in the darkness of your own home coming down and back to the real world
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
, I love it and thats why I go back year after year.

Roll on T in the Park.

chezi
I don't do drugs anymore. If you did the festival sober I doubt you'd enjoy it all that much.:dunno:I've done Glastonbury, Reading, the Isle Of Wightand Donington several times. I just decided a couple of years ago that I wasn't enjoying it anymore.

johnniebaby

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 11, 2006
Midlands
AKA
John
audioboy wrote:

Ok well, summer is almost here and i guess that means the start of the festival season. This being my last year at school before i go to University me and my mates have decided to go to a festival this summer. At first we looked into going to Reading, but costs (from Gibraltar) were a bit to high. We then found out about a festival taking place in Madrid (http://www.summercase.com/indexen.html) and have decided to go to that instead. Having never been to a proper concert (dont find many of them in Gibralter) i am really looking forward to going to this fesival.

Just wondering if anyone else is planning on going to any festivals or other musical events this summer?
That is just truly awful, having to make do with crappy old Madrid rather than taking in the delights of Reading, my heart bleeds for you.:shocked::lmao:

audioboy

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 25, 2006
Guidlford, , United
johnniebaby wrote:

audioboy wrote:
Ok well, summer is almost here and i guess that means the start of the festival season. This being my last year at school before i go to University me and my mates have decided to go to a festival this summer. At first we looked into going to Reading, but costs (from Gibraltar) were a bit to high. We then found out about a festival taking place in Madrid (http://www.summercase.com/indexen.html) and have decided to go to that instead. Having never been to a proper concert (dont find many of them in Gibralter) i am really looking forward to going to this fesival.

That is just truly awful, having to make do with crappy old Madrid rather than taking in the delights of Reading, my heart bleeds for you.:shocked::lmao:
Well living in sunny Spain aint all it's cracked up to be. If you like the sunshinnnnnnnne it's fine, but to be honest im really looking forward to going to university in cold,damp, horribleEngland.

As for the concert in Madrid, it'll be well wicked init. Concert's on overnight, so wont be to hot, but illstill be in my shorts and t-shirts, holding a cold beer, listening to the tunes. Arggggghhhhhhhhhhhh i cant wait. 3 months of solid studying followed by a few months of doing sweet FA. Bring it on!

jonjin

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 22, 2005
London
Injector wrote:

I thought the whole point of festivals is so that you could shag lots of cool birds... spread the looove.

Was/still thinking of going to any of the Smashing Pumpkins reunion ones... including Reading.

JJ

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
jonjin wrote:

I thought the whole point of festivals is so that you could shag lots of cool birds... spread the looove.Was/still thinking of going to any of the Smashing Pumpkins reunion ones... including Reading.

JJ
JJ....you haven't been to festival for a while! Things are change now mate.

The Festivals now a day is so that you could fight with a big smelly guys with leather jacket:fight:, being sick down your back while listening to music:sick: and some bastard did a shit in your tent:fluch:! Scream for me donnington!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles