• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Finally, new CD player to start up my stereo build.

A

Arseinface

My dad just gave me his old Grant Fidelity Impression 2 CD player to help me start my hifi build, he said if I was going to do it at all I may as well do it properly. So I'm looking at amps and I'm kind of taken by this, its cheap , loud and looks good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fisher-CA-77-integrated-stereo-amplifier-/111230450586?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item19e5d9fb9a

Whaty do you guys think? will it work? I have no idea really about this stuff so I'm offering this out to the eggspurts for evaluation.

Professor Chaos

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 6, 2007
Toronto
AKA
Kelley
Junk, Fisher was merely a brand name owned by Sanyo at that point.

'The Fisher' equipment from the 60's is highly sought and prices reflect this.

mmar

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 16, 2008
North east
AKA
mick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For a few quid more you could bag a nice Cambridge audio A1 which will be far better than the Fisher !

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
As others have said, Fisher in the 60s was a trusted brand - they were particularly famous for their portable radios. More modern stuff has been rubbish TBH. You can put together a good little system for very little.

Why don't you post on here what your budget could stretch to for the whole system, and let people make suggestions, or even offer you equipment? There are plenty of Wammers with the knowledge to help you, and probably already have everything you need sitting about unused in their box rooms and attics.

:^

A

Arseinface

I would assume that this thread is a wind up by the OP
Why?

Thanks guys, I know very little about all this. I did have a hifi back in the late 80's , again it was my dad who helped me back then also but that was a long time ago and I guess things might have come a long way sinse thern.

I like silver things and it has to be loud because my hearing isnt too good. Oh , and cheap.

James Evans

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2006
Wirral
AKA
James
Apologies if I'm off the mark, I just thought combining what was a very expensive cdp (if it's the one i think it is), with some random £20 junk amp off eBay was a wind up...

wammer

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 26, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My dad just gave me his old Grant Fidelity Impression 2 CD player to help me start my hifi build, he said if I was going to do it at all I may as well do it properly. So I'm looking at amps and I'm kind of taken by this, its cheap , loud and looks good.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fisher-CA-77-integrated-stereo-amplifier-/111230450586?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item19e5d9fb9a

Whaty do you guys think? will it work? I have no idea really about this stuff so I'm offering this out to the eggspurts for evaluation.
its crap don't bother contact the chap who sells stuff and is a member here http://www.usedhifishop.co.uk/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinchitshaw