Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And all the Americans are lying in the links in post 9?
Holding a belief that not everyone holds doesn’t make it right or wrong. If you’d spent any time contributing here rather than posting about a tape with a funny name you’d know that.

Perhaps ASR will test a regular sticky tape and compare it with foo tape?

Reactions: Blzebub

audiobuff

Wammer
Apr 15, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If someone said, "I tried it and it made no difference in my system", I could respect that. I am not invested in fo.q. It makes no difference to me whether you ultimately give it a go or not. I found it made a large positive difference in my system, and audiophiles should be interested in anything that adds to their listening pleasure

But keyboard warriors saying its not going to make any difference with no experience of the product, I simply can not take seriously. You literally ( overused I know but appropriate) don't know what you're talking about. You have theories, you might have tried something similar in the past, but you havent tried the actual product. Look into it, look at its history, here's some more background http://www.foq.jp/foqhp_e/about.html To claim its foo/scam/me lying is just demonstrating your own closed mind ignorance.

I have posted other peoples experiences in post 9, here's some more https://myemail.constantcontact.com...ly--5.html?soid=1101350527192&aid=n1u9tbZP4JE. I have explained my own experience. I have offered to do a demo using my leftover sheet. If you still think its nonsense, then do us all a favour and ignore this thread. Hifi is supposed to be fun, I am telling you about something that costs £60 that works well. How much have you spent on your system? I bet a set of your interconnects alone is more than this. £60 is nothing to people interested in hifi when total spend are in likely in 4-5 figure price brackets. Just try it....

Shadders

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 11, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But keyboard warriors saying its not going to make any difference with no experience of the product, I simply can not take seriously. You literally ( overused I know but appropriate) don't know what you're talking about. You have theories, you might have tried something similar in the past, but you havent tried the actual product.
Hi,
I think you will find that each forum is different, and the product may gain some traction on others than it would here, as an example.

You are absolutely correct, if people have not tried it, then how could they ever be sure it makes no difference.

It is the same for fuses, different connectors, cables, capacitors, resistors, and all manner of changes.

All that is happening here is that the forum regulars have a collective approach of what matters and what doesn't. You tape doesn't. Fuses don't. Cables do. Connectors do. etc.

Don't try and convince others who have not tried it, as all that matters is that you have heard a difference, and reported it here. If they have tried it and not heard a difference, then perhaps their system is not resolving enough, or maybe they don't have golden ears as they first thought.

Regards,
Shadders.

Reactions: ozzric

audiobuff

Wammer
Apr 15, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,
I think you will find that each forum is different, and the product may gain some traction on others than it would here, as an example.

You are absolutely correct, if people have not tried it, then how could they ever be sure it makes no difference.

It is the same for fuses, different connectors, cables, capacitors, resistors, and all manner of changes.

All that is happening here is that the forum regulars have a collective approach of what matters and what doesn't. You tape doesn't. Fuses don't. Cables do. Connectors do. etc.

Don't try and convince others who have not tried it, as all that matters is that you have heard a difference, and reported it here. If they have tried it and not heard a difference, then perhaps their system is not resolving enough, or maybe they don't have golden ears as they first thought.

Regards,
Shadders.
Thx for your balanced reply! (at last! ;))

Blzebub

Thundering bigot
Wammer
Dec 22, 2015
Stamford, Lincs
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If someone said, "I tried it and it made no difference in my system", I could respect that. I am not invested in fo.q. It makes no difference to me whether you ultimately give it a go or not. I found it made a large positive difference in my system, and audiophiles should be interested in anything that adds to their listening pleasure

But keyboard warriors saying its not going to make any difference with no experience of the product, I simply can not take seriously. You literally ( overused I know but appropriate) don't know what you're talking about. You have theories, you might have tried something similar in the past, but you havent tried the actual product. Look into it, look at its history, here's some more background http://www.foq.jp/foqhp_e/about.html To claim its foo/scam/me lying is just demonstrating your own closed mind ignorance.

I have posted other peoples experiences in post 9, here's some more https://myemail.constantcontact.com...ly--5.html?soid=1101350527192&aid=n1u9tbZP4JE. I have explained my own experience. I have offered to do a demo using my leftover sheet. If you still think its nonsense, then do us all a favour and ignore this thread. Hifi is supposed to be fun, I am telling you about something that costs £60 that works well. How much have you spent on your system? I bet a set of your interconnects alone is more than this. £60 is nothing to people interested in hifi when total spend are in likely in 4-5 figure price brackets. Just try it....
Can I interest you in a shit sandwich? What do you mean, you've never tried one?

audiobuff

Wammer
Apr 15, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can I interest you in a shit sandwich? What do you mean, you've never tried one?
Show me evidence of other people loving shit sandwiches, do a demo of eating one in front of other people, then maybe we can talk

• Haha
Reactions: Strider

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That link in particular says nothing whatsover about the actual effect of the product, not do any of the other links. It shows some graphs illustrating that compared with other (unnamed) damping materials, it is more effective. The other links from people about its supposed properties range from believable (damping casework) to laughable (massive improvements by wrapping it around grounding wires).

What you need to remember is that many of us have been messing around and experimenting with audio stuff for many decades. We've seen it all before, basically. All these 'night and day' differences from some tweak or other always, without fail, turn out to be either inaudible, debatable or sometimes actually degrade the sound.

As someone else posted earlier, it's quite remarkable that almost none of these 'magic' solutions get taken up by real-world designers and manufacturers. I spent a little time with one of those people the day before yesterday. You can believe what you like, but in common with most high-end designers, he has spent many years experimenting with all sorts of things, from exotic transformer core materials to different combinations of resistors throughout a circuit. I have one of his (not inexpensive to say the least) products here for review at the moment. It is brimming full of 'foo' in many ways, but apart from some carefully applied damping to stop the casework resonating, it seems completely bereft of stuff stuck all over the internals. Make of that what you will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles