Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And there was me thinking this forum was inclusive.
This Forum is inclusive, it includes all sorts of t***s :)

On a serious anyone note, anyone who's taken the time to get to know the character of the 'wam really should know that if they post a thread about cables, cable risers, shakti stones or, erm, fo.q should anticipate a barrage of, what shall we call it, excitable and varied reaction !

I don't think this is sneering c***tage, merely varying degrees of disbelief expressed by individuals who might hold the view that sticking something on capacitors might be, at very best, a little bit silly. And who knows, they could all be wrong. Me, I'm erring on the side of a little bit silly ;).

All hail the 'wam, it'll get you if you like your foo !

Last edited:

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This Forum is inclusive, it includes all sorts of t***s :)

On a serious anyone note, anyone who's taken the time to get to know the character of the 'wam really should know that if they post a thread about cables, cable risers, shakti stones or, erm, fo.q should anticipate a barrage of, what shall we call it, excitable reaction !

I don't think this is sneering c***tage, merely varying degrees of disbelief expressed by individuals who might hold the view that sticking something on capacitors might be, at very best, a little bit silly. And who knows, they could all be wrong. Me, I'm erring on the side of a little bit silly ;).

All hail the 'wam, it'll get you if you like your foo !
Agreed. And when some of the most experienced people who have been involved with building, designing and making very high-quality audio caution you because of seriously negative impacts on the equipment then maybe, just maybe, you should listen and further investigate what they are saying and ensure that you are not recommending something that could cause problems. Flouncing is not really a good response but it takes all sorts.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's really very, very simple. Plenty of people here have been playing with all this sort of stuff for far too long and are firmly in the 'been there, seen it, done it' camp. When someone rocks up spouting the good old 'even the wife asked what had changed in the system' sort of quote, the response is inevitable, particularly when it refers to something that we all really know either makes no difference at all, or if it does make a difference, makes such a small difference that most people wouldn't be able to tell.

It's always coupled with the 'you will only hear it if your system is resolving enough', offering a convenient get-out clause to respond to anyone daft enough to try it and then hear no difference. Those of us that are unwilling to try stuff that is potentially detrimental or plainly stupid are inevitably labelled as 'closed minded'. In fact, most of 'us' are totally the opposite. The problem is that we're not open minded to the extent that our brains have fallen out.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You could move on to aligning the slots in all the plug's screws. This was an actual recommendation by a hifi reviewer.
Sounds like a Peter Belt idea to me. Although he'd have sold you a "special" screwdriver to align them with, which had magical properties imparted to the screw head during the torqueing-up process. And it costs £595...

Reactions: Tony_J

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If someone said, "I tried it and it made no difference in my system", I could respect that. I am not invested in fo.q. It makes no difference to me whether you ultimately give it a go or not. I found it made a large positive difference in my system, and audiophiles should be interested in anything that adds to their listening pleasure

But keyboard warriors saying its not going to make any difference with no experience of the product, I simply can not take seriously. You literally ( overused I know but appropriate) don't know what you're talking about. You have theories, you might have tried something similar in the past, but you havent tried the actual product. Look into it, look at its history, here's some more background http://www.foq.jp/foqhp_e/about.html To claim its foo/scam/me lying is just demonstrating your own closed mind ignorance.

I have posted other peoples experiences in post 9, here's some more https://myemail.constantcontact.com...ly--5.html?soid=1101350527192&aid=n1u9tbZP4JE. I have explained my own experience. I have offered to do a demo using my leftover sheet. If you still think its nonsense, then do us all a favour and ignore this thread. Hifi is supposed to be fun, I am telling you about something that costs £60 that works well. How much have you spent on your system? I bet a set of your interconnects alone is more than this. £60 is nothing to people interested in hifi when total spend are in likely in 4-5 figure price brackets. Just try it....
Yes people should try things for themselves even if the idea seems weird. But Rabski is a proper scientist and referenced research in this field which you have dismissed out of hand and so it goes both ways

Nativebon

MUZIC FIRST
Wammer Plus
Aug 9, 2018
London UK
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think we've played the 'lets make fun of this foo' kind of situation. Does foo only apply to unpopular members or does this also include highly regarded prominent, wam members.
As much as I don't like any form of disrespect, everyone's foo should be treated equally.

Reactions: Shadders and DomT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.