Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It says collection only which you'd assume means it most be kosher. However I've seen some scam sales before that say that. I think they put it in to make people less suspicious, ignore any queries about collection (or send holding replies to keep the ad up as long as possible and prevent scam reports), and wait for people to ask them if they'll reconsider sending. It also puts the buyer into the frame of mind that the seller is doing them a favour which makes it even more dangerous for them, as they take risks they might not normally do.

I'm not saying this sale is dodgy mind you, just making the point to be careful.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It says collection only which you'd assume means it most be kosher. However I've seen some scam sales before that say that. I think they put it in to make people less suspicious, ignore any queries about collection (or send holding replies to keep the ad up as long as possible and prevent scam reports), and wait for people to ask them if they'll reconsider sending. It also puts the buyer into the frame of mind that the seller is doing them a favour which makes it even more dangerous for them, as they take risks they might not normally do.

I'm not saying this sale is dodgy mind you, just making the point to be careful.

Wise advice ,good to ring guy and chat over 

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you heard both ? I would say the diablo is a step above the 1008
Probably depends on the quality of the rest of the system, I imagine they wouldn't sound a million miles from each other in a system at the 1008 level, but the Diablos would scale up better with some really high end gear.

Reactions: hifinutt

purpleaardvark

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2009
Esher, , United King
AKA
Raj
Phil how do you think the diablo iii’s compare to the focal 1028be’s?

im considering changing mine but I love the bass and sheer volume/presence that they have which I’m not sure that the Diablo’s will be able to match them?

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

im considering changing mine but I love the bass and sheer volume/presence that they have which I’m not sure that the Diablo’s will be able to match them?
yes afraid to say when i got them i rather missed the bass and depth of the 1028 . think you might be a bit dissapointed 

purpleaardvark

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 16, 2009
Esher, , United King
AKA
Raj
I think I might just give the Diablos a swerve and bide my time, any suggestions as alternates as an upgrade form the 1028’s.
Ive a 9 x 6 m rear extension kitchen /lounge/dining room which they sit in , but they’re either side of TV and are quite close to the front and a side wall?

Carlbkk1

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 27, 2014
Bangkok
AKA
Carl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I auditioned some Diablos about 7 years ago, going for 3.5K.  I so wanted to like them, but for the tracks I tried they caused ear pain and lacked bass.  Not a great endorsement I know.  I did play mostly rock tracks I knew well (albeit well recorded ones).  They speed and detail were great, just couldn't live with them at mid to high volumes.

Reactions: purpleaardvark

Cootie

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2008
Edinburgh

Might be worth having a look at some of the Gato Audio speakers - they’re ex Gamut employees and notice you’re using a D200 so guessing there will be similar voicing of components. There’s also an updated version of the FM50 that’s imminent and before Gato cut out their distributor they were c.£9k. Can now get them for £5k. I’m similarly tempted to try something as a change to my own 1028bes and they’ll certainly be on the shortlist, given I use a Gato amp as well. 

Reactions: purpleaardvark

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Might be worth having a look at some of the Gato Audio speakers - they’re ex Gamut employees and notice you’re using a D200 so guessing there will be similar voicing of components. There’s also an updated version of the FM50 that’s imminent and before Gato cut out their distributor they were c.£9k. Can now get them for £5k. I’m similarly tempted to try something as a change to my own 1028bes and they’ll certainly be on the shortlist, given I use a Gato amp as well. 
they might be 5k but you try reselling them when you want to upgrade !!! everyone knows the 1028be ! 

Reactions: It Cost How Much!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online