For sale: An Audio technical AT1005 mk2 tonearm in very good condition. 

• NEW! Linn Owners Club CLICK HERE and please click join club to have full access.

itskeith

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2012
Nottingham
For sale: An Audio technical AT1005 mk2 tonearm in very good condition. 
Heavy mass tonearm so works well with low compliance cartridges. 

Complete with headshell, counterbalance weight, armrest, single bias weight and AT Branded tonearm cable. 

Only comes with the smaller bias weight (which is enough for upto 3g tracking anyway). 
Replacement twin weights readily available. 

Genuine sale, as this came with an idler Turntable that was local to me and which a friend wanted shipping off to Spain. 

I’m also using an upgraded AT1005 Mk2 on a Lenco, and so can help with cartridge matching if you want (guessing you don’t need that though).

Apologies if the photo’s are poor - ish. 
Took them over the weekend when it was dark and snowing outside!
If you'd like some more photo's just drop me a pm. 

For sale at:
Arm with Headshell £260 incl postage 
Tonearm cable £20 incl postage. 

Thank you. 

montesquieu

Renaissance Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2021
Sandhurst, UK
AKA
Tom
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Really good arms these I had one for a while on SPU duty. The sliding weight on the arm tube allows you to fine-tune VTF without mucking about with the main weight at the rear. With the slider all the way back towards the pivot, the notional stated 20g effective mass (perfect for SPU, Denon 103 and other low compliance cartridges) can be reduced by quite a few grammes, making it suitable for more mainstream medium compliance cartridges too.

AT10005 MkII is the domestic version of the ATP12T, a professional broadcast tonearm seen on man Japanese broadcast versions of the SP10. Apart from a slightly shorter spindle to pivot distance (proper 9in rather than 9 1/2) the main difference to the ATP12T is that it has anti-skating which the pro arm doesn't ... I guess the ATP12T was mainly used at high tracking forces that made anti-skate unnecessary. 

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great arm and good luck with the sale , but am I right in thinking you posted this on a mobile device?!

wink.png

itskeith

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2012
Nottingham
Oops - Didn't post it on a mobile device (though that would be good excuse). Guess it's old age creeping in!

Thanks for the info Tom. 

I'm still using an upgraded 1005 Mk2 + AT-OC9 mk2 on a Lenco and am very happy with it. 

Arm is provisionally sold to Brook (Speedracer) 😀

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hi Keith, it's me again!

After far too much umming & ahhing over this I will take it after all if still available. It might not be right for my Urushi but I do want a second arm so I can take my time & choose an ideal cart to match it.

Cheers,

Brook.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You'll be making an unwanted appearance on the fatfingers site.