hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Frank Zappa is one of those musicians I go back to from time to time. In fact I keep his cd albums in separate racks as I have collected lot of his albums since the early 90's. Recently I thought I might sell my Zappa cd's, as I haven't played them for a long time.
I had this thought that perhaps I have grown out of his music:rolleyes:. Yes really!!
Anyway I haven't stopped playing my catalogue of his albums since this momentary fantasy of thought.

I have just ordered One Shot Deal. Sadly Hmv only have 3 left in the country due to the cd being discontinued. This also seems to be the case with some of his other albums. There was a time when you could purchase a lot of his albums from the zappa family trust website but this appears to no longer be the case.

Anyway I shall pick up what I can and hope that someone picks up the mantal of rereleasing his catalogue in the near future.
Happy listening........

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I worshipped him in my younger years and sold a 70+ record collection to my deep regret. Sorry to hear his catalogue is becoming difficult to acquire.

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I worshipped him in my younger years and sold a 70+ record collection to my deep regret. Sorry to hear his catalogue is becoming difficult to acquire.
Yes I can empathise with that Ian, as I too sold over thirty of his vinyl albums for pocket money back in the 90's. I am not too bothered though as My musical taste was maturing and changing at the time. I was about 30. Now being twice that age I have a completely different catalogue of music on CD.
Listening to Frank now and will keep a dark little corner for him to expand in.