Renaissance Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2021
Sandhurst, UK
AKA
Tom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've been hanging onto this for a while but I really don't need it any more and the wife is asking me to get it out of the kitchen where it's kind of been doubling as a place to put thing - of course it's attracting lots of stuff, which the wife considers 'clutter'  (I hesitate to remind her that most of the stuff was put there by her, under the guise of 'tidying up'. Some arguments are really not worth getting into).

Anyway it's high time it reverted to its original purpose as a hifi rack. I had this made for me by Funky Chunky Furniture in Jarrow. I liked their furniture so much that as my kit started to sprawl a bit, got them to make my current rack which is quite a lot wider, has two shelves rather than one, and is in three pieces, otherwise it would be too heavy. This one is made of pine, stained in walnut. It could of course be stripped back to pine and waxed, or re-stained or even painted in whatever colour you prefer.

It's 140cm wide x 44cm deep (depth chosen as useful for turntables or other components). Overall height is 43cm and the internal space is 31cm. I find it works superbly as a hifi rack as it's very high mass and you don't need to worry about vibrations/resonance in the same way as you do with metal racks or more flimsy wooden ones.

Collection only from Bracknell area, and it won't necessarily go to the first person who replies, I'd prefer it go to someone who can pick it up right away (preferably today or tomorrow) in a hatchback or estate car, as opposed to someone who asks me to hang onto it for four months while they figure out how to get it to theirs 150 miles away by train.  

Some crappy pictures of when I used it as my main rack, going back a few years. I'll see if I can take a picture of it on its own later today.

rack2.jpg

rack1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kernow

Barbour81

Wammer
Jun 1, 2020
Upminster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anything I want getting rid of I just put on the local gifting group on Facebook. That should be off your hands in hours!

montesquieu

Renaissance Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2021
Sandhurst, UK
AKA
Tom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anything I want getting rid of I just put on the local gifting group on Facebook. That should be off your hands in hours!
Don't have Facebook and probably won't at this stage, but thanks for the suggestion. Reason for offering here is that I had it made specifically as a hifi rack and it works really well for that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MVJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.