Wam Bam
Wammer Plus
Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes I noticed the similarity as well. It’s interesting that a lot of monitors have a similar design style, removing hard sharp edges to improve sound. I’m surprised we don’t see it more with general hifi. Saying that all of my previous speakers looked liked wooden furniture!

Idlewithnodrive

You should hear our version of Louie Louie
Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I loved the little Genelec 8020C’s so much that after a week I picked up the model two sizes up (!!) and got a pair of second hand 8040B’s. A lovely improvement in lower mid and bottom end. I was thinking of adding a sub but there’s no need at all. With the extra power these sound effortless. I’ll do a proper write up in a week or so once I’m used to them. Here's the new 8040's in place. Now I'm settled on these (!) I'll get some stands although these stools I found by the bins and painted are not too shabby. I saw a video once with Alan Shaw from Harbeth demoing a set of SLH5 on Ikea stools. Cheers

IMG_2506 by Paul Grant, on Flickr
Absolutely fab room. What a lovely place to sit and enjoy music.

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Diane’s furniture change around for those who have been to bake-Off’s has allowed us to do this on warm evenings .
Sat on the patio after dinner watching a film from the patio .

Attachments

• 03A6DD08-92F6-4B95-A4CD-36AA03BFF3DC.jpeg
    03A6DD08-92F6-4B95-A4CD-36AA03BFF3DC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm very jealous of all the gorgeous rooms on here - my lounge is primarily a family room used with kids (9&11), so nothing like the immaculate set ups here! Maybe we need another thread - "from the listening chair in the animal house" :ROFLMAO:
You are Luckier than me sir. My system cum my DIY workshop cum my bedroom is the same. As I lie down for my afternoon nap, surrounded by half completed wooden carcasses and drivers around me. I have a saw to my left and a hammer to my right. No, there are no burglers in these parts :D

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ

Idlewithnodrive

You should hear our version of Louie Louie
Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lovely looking CD player - a new make/model to me, but I'm very inexperienced compared to the wise (!?!?) folk on here. Are they easy enough to service/fix?
Thanks. It's actually an early Puresound CD8000, so easy to service and get parts for. I believe Guy Sergeant also still services / repairs them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online