FS: Auralic Aries G1 Streamer - with £460 Hoer Wege PSU - Now £1550

Todcakes

Wammer
Mar 17, 2021
Kendal
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Aries G1 in great condition. Boxed with instructions, etc. Can provide more pictures if needed.

A few months ago I decided to investigate the recommendations in a few Auralic forums about the Hoer Wege power supply upgrade for the G1.

It's a significant investment (540 euros), and required an internal swap out, but it made a huge difference to the audio quality of the G1. NB The upgrade does not change the appearance of the G1 in any way.

Audio differences are not subtle - to me my streaming services (Quobuz) sound much more analogue and luscious, with a more solid and larger low end presence. Its also removed a slight harshness and grain to the HFs that were in the standard G1. You can check the Auralic community forums from owners that have performed this change, a couple of big threads here:

https://community.auralic.com/t/is-there-a-power-supply-update-for-the-aries-g1/7069/31

https://community.auralic.com/t/auralic-modifications-in-german/6340/31

With my new DAC I've been completely satisfied with a streaming audio subscription as my primary music source, for the first time.

Selling this only as I've taken a punt on an ex-demo G2.1 Aries (for which I'll look at getting the Hoer Wege G2.1 PSU). 

Regards, John

Price has to reflect the money spent on this upgrade - Now only £1600

Please note - the 1 year warranty that Auralic provides is only available to the original owner (i.e. any used/second hand Auralic devices are not covered by manufacturer warranty). Hoer Wege however provides a 2 year warranty for their upgrade PSU (1.5 years remain remain on this). A lot of folks have now done this upgrade and I've personally never seen any testimonies of G1 or G2/G2.1 failure post upgrade, nor any feedback questioning the value of this change.

IMG_20211028_134837_resized_20211030_110944623.jpg

IMG_20211028_134925_resized_20211030_110943975.jpg

IMG_20211028_135735_resized_20211030_110944308.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: coogie

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Todcakes atleast 1 Photo of item for sale is required to comply with classifieds sales rules. 

Please sort a photo ASAP or the wam faeries will disappear your advert. 

Todcakes

Wammer
Mar 17, 2021
Kendal
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Price drop to £1700.

If anyone lives near Kendal and is interested you're welcome to hear this in my system. It's really a decent step up from stock G1

Reactions: DomT

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Price drop to £1700.

If anyone lives near Kendal and is interested you're welcome to hear this in my system. It's really a decent step up from stock G1
I would say that's an understatement - the Hoer Wege power supply transforms the basic G1 to my ears/in my system - I certainly shan't be parting with mine...

Reactions: Todcakes

Todcakes

Wammer
Mar 17, 2021
Kendal
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Weekend bump.

The modifications done are amazingly positive on the G1, and both PSU manufacturer and Auralic are extremely reliable in mine and many others experience.

I’ll happily keep the unit for my spare room and in no rush to sell at cut price but would implore folks looking for a streamer at 2K to seriously consider this option. Forget my seller’s bias - look at the feedback for hundreds of folks that have made the change and not looked back....

Aikidoka

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2017
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this still available and I have the Ares with power upgrade, so is there a noticeable difference (I stream Tidal)?

Thanks

James

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is this still available and I have the Ares with power upgrade, so is there a noticeable difference (I stream Tidal)?

Thanks

James
James - I believe that you have the Aries Femto with Sbooster (I'm pretty sure that you bought mine  :D ) - I actually preferred the combination you have to the stock G1, but the Hoer Wege modified G1 is a different beast altogether - a definite step up in my view, and I am now very happy that I made the move. Apologies to the OP for interfering with the sales thread.

MH

Todcakes

Wammer
Mar 17, 2021
Kendal
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Final reduction to £1650 as a bit of Christmas goodwill…

This is a seriously finessed digital front end, whoever picks this up will honestly not be disappointed for this money.

Immaculate condition, boxed

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's a fella looking on PFM for one of these, but he doesn't quite understand the model hierarchy or what they all have as part of their specifications , so it could be a frustrating conversation, but if you have the patience then worth a punt I would imagine 

Reactions: Todcakes

Todcakes

Wammer
Mar 17, 2021
Kendal
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Any Wammers with Christmas money looking for a top class streaming experience? If you've been thinking about getting an Auralic please take a look at the reviews for this major upgrade.

Selling mine boxed, in perfect condition with the £460 upgrade for £1650. 

https://community.auralic.com/t/is-there-a-power-supply-update-for-the-aries-g1/7069/31

https://community.auralic.com/t/auralic-modifications-in-german/6340/31

Only selling as I have now purchased a higher Auralic streaming model and separately done the Hoer Wege upgrade on that (it's a no brainer - the sound is far more luscious, more low end and more refined on any Gx model by adding this PSU)

Hoer Wege component Warranty of well over 1 year still remains.... 

pauljdh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 23, 2016
Belper
AKA
Paul Hagen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is the PSU inboard? Is the factory PSU included and is it retrofittable? Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles