Blade
Wammer
Feb 7, 2021
UK
AKA
Glenn
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For sale is my Funk Firm FXR2 tonearm which has been installed on my Rega Planar 3. 

I am selling because I have moved to an LP12.

I bought this tonearm from Arthur K at The Funk Firm back in April 2020 during lockdown. I have to say its been a revelation, accompanied with my Groovetracer Reference Sub Platter and Platter (which are shortly going up for sale too).

Have a look at the Funk website for the details.

They retail at £1250.

I am looking for around £750.

FXR 3.jpg

FXR 2.jpg

FXR2 Full.jpg

Reactions: hiesteem

Blade

Blade
Wammer
Feb 7, 2021
UK
AKA
Glenn
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Were you not tempted to try it on your lp12?
I did think about it but I am pretty happy with the Akito (its the latest one) plus I have decided not to tinker. I ended up with a great sounding Rega Frankin Deck which nobody would ever buy. Hence taking it apart and selling the components.

The FXR2 is a great arm and really transformed the Rega. 

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did think about it but I am pretty happy with the Akito (its the latest one) plus I have decided not to tinker. I ended up with a great sounding Rega Frankin Deck which nobody would ever buy. Hence taking it apart and selling the components.

The FXR2 is a great arm and really transformed the Rega. 
Yes, I would do the same. The Akito is a good arm and works really well on the Linn.  Did you get the latest bearing upgrade. I understand it transforms the Lp12.

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes its got the Karousel, Kore, Lingo 4 and Tramp 2.

I love it !
Sounds like an Akurate level Linn. With Crystal cartridge of course!   I'm jealous!  All I got left of my turntable is an old Linn Asaka, which will go off for a rebuild should I dip my toes into vinyl again. Won't hesitate to get the latest majik lp12 if I do, in it's latest spec.

Blade

Blade
Wammer
Feb 7, 2021
UK
AKA
Glenn
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its an Akurate Level Linn without the Crystal !

Im running an AT VM750SH through a Graham Slee Reflex M Phono. Moved to MC next year maybe. Just enjoying the listening..............

• Upvote

Blade

Blade
Wammer
Feb 7, 2021
UK
AKA
Glenn
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes exactly the same.