Wammer
Wammer
May 12, 2014
West Midlands
AKA
Wayne
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For sale is my Tron Convergence dedicated MONO phono stage. This was one of a limited edition special build, with a single channel of amplification only for the purest mono playback. I believe Graham Tricker only made 2 or 3 of them and I was lucky enough to buy one. This is as rare as hens teeth, probably the best way to get into good dedicated mono for relatively little money.

Have a look at the photos. The unit is very solidly built, unmarked and in beautiful condition. It produces amazingly solid and dynamic sound from old mono records  using my mono cartridge. Of course you can plug a stereo arm into it but of course you will only get mono out.

It is set by Graham for my Miyajima Zero cartridge so has moving coil input and 26db of gain. This is shown on the signed instruction leaflet. It then plugs into a spare input on a pre amp. It uses an ECC83 and an ECC82. There is a little internal switch to float the ground if needed. As you can see I still have the very good quality flight case instructions and all packaging.

New price was about £1100. I don't remember exactly but it certainly cost me over £1000. Asking just £650.00.

Buyer collects from West Midlands (Worcestershire) or I will meet for petrol in most Midlands or South locations.    

20211206_114851.jpg

20211206_143529.jpg

20211207_131211.jpg

20211207_131345.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hifinutt

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This, together with Down in Devon's Miyajima Zero (also in the classifieds), would contribute to a seriously good mono set up for comparitively little money. My dabbling in mono with a cheapskate modded Decca Gold convinces me that there is a great deal of music recorded on excellent pre oil crisis vinyl in the 50s and sixties which is going untapped.

You would need a 200+ mono collection of tip top jazz (and Blues) maybe to justify the outlay, but the rewards are tangible imo.

I had Lurch's Tron Ultimate in my (stereo) system a little while ago and I had a better opinion of it than the owner I have to say. It was great.

Jack NSM

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Chop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles