FS Rogue 88 Magnum amp.

• The WAM 22 TICKETS and details can be found HERE
The Wam Show 2022 Confirmed, click to read more.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The U. S. Rogue Magnum is the premium model with, inter alia, the uprated transformers. This particular example has had over 1000 pounds worth ( aconservative estimate)of Living Voice mods including some massive smoothing capacities and uprated wiring. Kevin Scott's staff also removed the fan and provided extra ventilation in the casework to compensate for the cooling and provide silent running.

I have had the amp for about 5 years and took it to the last Scalford show where it drove Battereredhaggis's Revel Gems to perfection. That mating was born at one of Lurch's South Coast bake Offs.

The output on this amp is a conservative 60 watts and sports a pair of 6550 output valves per side.

In addition to all this the Rogue has been to Valvebloke for a check over and in running a comb over the amp Graeme rerouted some wiring to rid the amp of a slight hum and  also replaced  some resisters. This work was done 6 months ago.

The amp cost me 700. 00 and considering the SQ, build quality and recent work done, I am asking 650 ono, which I think is fair. It is boxed.

I much prefer to drive this to its new home myself and I will be making a trip to Oxford soon and I also visit a fellow Wammer in Poole on a regular basis. Im also in Edenbridge Kent in the near future. A contribution to my fuel costs would be appreciated. Im based on the South Coast in Lancing.

Priority will be given to Wammers who live within striking distance of these routes.

Pictures to follow..

Jack NSM

Last edited by a moderator:

graham67

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2010
This is a mighty good amp. Lovely mids and extended top end but able to drive tough loads and deliver defined deep  bass like few valve amps.. 

IMO, you will struggle to find better grunty valve amp for less than a grand.  At this price, its a steal and Jack is a good guy to deal with.

joolz

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 18, 2017
Maidstone
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello Jack,

I'd like to give this a try if it's still for sale.

Best wishes,

Julian