FS: SOLD Power Inspired AG500 power regen with great power cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfin

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 16, 2014
I don't think these often come up for sale, and I thought I'd never sell it but I am moving to a completely different setup so I no longer need it.

I think a lot of people were gutted it was discontinued really, as it's bigger brother was overkill, potentially noisy in comparison and it didn't have IEC outlets so you'd end up with a load of fuses in use that you didn't need and maybe even an extension block.

So, this is 500w and gives a constant 230v of pure mains, it makes a big difference on things like sources, dacs, preamps, turntables and phono stages. The only thing you wouldn't use it for is any kind of integrated amp or power amp as it doesn't gel with them even if the current draw is within spec.

It can be vertical like in the photo, or the feet come off for horizontal, it is heavy and 2U height and width.

I first put this on a preamp and was really impressed, then used it to power low draw devices, you can even feed linear power supplies from it if you wanted to go mad.

There are 4 cables I am including, 3 are Missing Link Opus cables re-terminated to have Martin Kaiser silver plated IECs, the other is an MCRU one which I forget what it was. Missing Link Opus are fantastic cables for low current draw items like the things I mention above, I never found anything significantly better but found many worse (I believe the MCRU one was £50. Regular Opus cables with a mains plug at one end are £99 each from Missing Link).

Ok.... this is collection only, far too heavy to post, and this his Herefordshire (Note, Herefordshire NOT Hertfordshire).

£425 ono SOLD the lot, and a great upgrade path if you have several low current draw separates you can power from it, but worth it even for one item in many cases.

PM me if interested.

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: szczemirek

mfin

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 16, 2014
Oh, I forgot to say, it can save all the attached expensive items from power spikes and it has a bit of reserve power to get through a momentary power cut too.

callen24returns

Wammer
Oct 11, 2021
Leicester
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have one these, great peice of kit for source components.

When a number of us bought them I think many of us said that if it was put in a better looking box, and sold by a “hifi” company it would be 3 times the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles