Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It does sound brilliant, especially the predictive focus tracking.

I think I want one :love:
Me too, got my 'come and try one' email from Wex this morning - the XT does sound rather special. :)

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm thinking it will replace my X-Pro1 and X-M1 giving me the best of all worlds in one body. I love the X-Pro but just don't use the OVF enough for me to need it. I love the tilt screen and size of the X-M1 and since I got that I've picked it in preference almost every time for the simple reason it sits well in my bag during the week and my coat pocket if out and about on the weekend. X-Pro only goes if I specifically know I'm going somewhere with the intention of photography. Features aside image quality is the same and size seems to get the win for me. The X-T1 would only be a tad bigger than the X-M1, retain the flip screen (which I have used far more than I imagined), would be more robust rattling about in my bag and might even have a fighting chance of snapping the kids when they are in full flight. Hmmm, I think I've just talked myself into it :p

Hits the shops here on 15th Feb according to Yodobashi Camera...

S

s2000db

Hmmm decisions decisions... Do I cancel the X-E2 purchase and go for this? It's not a huge price differential at the moment..

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
another good camera.

Is there anybody out there still with an excuse for not taking great pics?

No matter you have 300 or 3000squid, there's something for everyone now for certain.

S

s2000db

another good camera.Is there anybody out there still with an excuse for not taking great pics?

No matter you have 300 or 3000squid, there's something for everyone now for certain.
That's true, but the options and combinations are now almost limitless!!

photowizz

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 18, 2010
Windsor
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i like how the exposure info moves to the bottom of the viewfinder when you go portrait. i wonder if it works both ways for the cack-handed?
To us blessed lefties, the right handers are the cack handed.

HectorHughMunro

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 29, 2006
London, , United Kin
If they wrote Contax on the front and put in a full frame sensor, I would buy it and never read a camera review again. The form factor and size look about perfect.

We're slowly getting towards what many photographers want which is a 70's/80's SLR with a good digital sensor.

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's interesting to compare the size of this thing to its peers using this geek tool :geek: : http://camerasize.com/compare/#258,520

I compared it to the X-Pro1 and the X-T1 is actually a little taller due to the hump but is a bit narrower. It is however quite a bit bigger than the X-M1 and I'm not sure if it will fit in my big coat pocket after all. :nup:

I was sort of hoping to rationalise this as a more flexible replacement to my X-M1 rather than the X-Pro1 but based on the size comparison it's not the way around I thought it was. Since I am still in love with the X-Pro1, have got to know it better and am still hoping to have that photographic lovechild in the near future with it :shaggers: , I therefore can't bear the thought of moving the X-Pro1 on just yet (I've only had it for 4 months FFS!). So I don’t think I’m ready to flirt with the X-T1 at the X-Pro1’s expense! The X-M1 is just a dirty little gadget fling so I’m not bothered if that goes out the door quickly. Oh no, what am I to do? Where do these crazy little irrational and pointless arguments come from? :nuts:

Realistically an X-T1 would replace both of course and I fully accept that it's totally bizarre that I feel differently about things that are merely tools but the X-Pro1 actually inspires me to go out and take photographs in a way no other camera has. I think I derive a sense of inspiration from the connection between man and certain machines. I had this really bad for many years with my dearly departed self built Caterham 7 and still do with my old knackered leaky money pit of a Porsche 964 :hom: . It's also what drives my long held obsession with record players. Machines that viscerally connect their controls to you and the task you are actually trying to perform through visual clues, feel and feedback seem to resonate with me :geek: . So as with (very) particular cars and hifi, so it is with cameras. :yeah:

Anyway, I also remembered that the X-E2 STILL doesn't have RAW support in Aperture yet and so can predict that Aperture will ages before it supports the XT-1 with RAW and I can't be bothered significantly changing workflow. :doh:

The conversations in my head are going the wrong way just now but I still want the X-T1 anyway and GAS will probably still see it through :D

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had this really bad for many years with my dearly departed self built Caterham 7 and still do with my old knackered leaky money pit of a Porsche 964 :hom: . It's also what drives my long held obsession with record players. Machines that viscerally connect their controls to you and the task you are actually trying to perform through visual clues, feel and feedback seem to resonate with me :geek: . So as with (very) particular cars and hifi, so it is with cameras. :yeah:
We're clearly cut from similar material, Carl - I built a 7 back 1997 and there are times I still miss that wonderful little car and fully appreciate and understand the parallels you describe between such things.

Part of me wishes I'd waited for the XT to be released before going for the X-Pro1 - would I have jumped for the Pro, had the deal not been on? Probably not, however I don't regret it for a second. Do I regret selling the X100 to make way for it? Oh yes - with knobs on.

Now I've used the Pro for a couple of weeks, would I now sell all my EOS gear to make way for some more Fuji glass and look for another X100 as a 2nd camera? I'm very inclined to, put it that way.

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
If they wrote Contax on the front and put in a full frame sensor, I would buy it and never read a camera review again. The form factor and size look about perfect. We're slowly getting towards what many photographers want which is a 70's/80's SLR with a good digital sensor.
I would agree. I learned 'photography' with a Minolta X300 and still yearn for something as simple and compact. I love the semi-auto-exposure function on that that gives you the exposure range in the viewfinder from the given aperture/speed settings, don't know why modern cameras don't have that, its very useful.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
If they wrote Contax on the front and put in a full frame sensor, I would buy it and never read a camera review again. The form factor and size look about perfect. We're slowly getting towards what many photographers want which is a 70's/80's SLR with a good digital sensor.
almost agree with you...I'd want another 5 or 7 stops of dynamic range too, so am determined to wait until the organic sensor appears, just in case:)

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The name on the front of the camera wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but a FF sensor would be nice. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles