Wammer
Aug 3, 2016
Hampshire
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi All,

After some advice. I have a Lentek Entre 1 cartridge that I got from a friend that needs a service and a new tip. Any suggestions who I should talk to,and how much it would likely cost? Also, is it worth doing?

Many thanks in advance.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would say your looking at £400 upwards for a retip and service. Personally for that sort of outlay I'd much rather buy a new mid range mc. I note from your profile you have a rondo blue, the current iteration of that cart, the quintet blue is only £349. I believe Ortofon does a P ex deal so you could put the rondo in and move up to either the Q Bronze or Black for the cost of a retip. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DomT and MVJ

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi All,

After some advice. I have a Lentek Entre 1 cartridge that I got from a friend that needs a service and a new tip. Any suggestions who I should talk to,and how much it would likely cost? Also, is it worth doing?

Many thanks in advance.
Unless you have some enormous emotional attachment to it, then I'd say the answer to the last bit is probably not.

I've never heard one, but as the name 'entre' suggests, this was not their top of the range. Not 'cheap as chips', but Google suggests they cost about £80 in the 1980s. By now, the suspension will be suspect, and a complete rebuild will be substantially more, I would imagine, than a contemporary replacement that is likely to better it.

Reactions: MVJ

Who's yoru Daddy

Wammer
Aug 3, 2016
Hampshire
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lurch and Rabski,

Thanks a heap for your quick response and advice. I had a feeling that would be the case, but as I know very little about the Lentek, thought worthwhile asking here.

At the moment I am happy with the Rondo Blue, and it has only about 50 hours use on it. But when I do come to replace, I will probably go down the route suggested of a part ex with whatever the latest Ortofon option is at that time.

Again, thanks for your help and happy listening.

Reactions: Lurch

sktn77a

Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, that was the same cartridge as the GAS Sleeping Beauty.  Mid '70s - early '80s mid range, low output MC.  You're probably better off going for a new one as everything in it is over 40 years old.  Re-tipping will only fix one potential problem with the cartridge, and a complete rebuild won't be cost effective (and undoubtedly won't sound anything like the original).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.