SOLD

alanchamberlain

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 21, 2010
Eastbourne
AKA
alan
I’ve been unsuccessfully looking for a used pair of Spendor SP1/2R (or similar) for some time so I’ve decided to widen my search to include Harbeth. If anyone is familiar with their speakers, what models would be likely to produce a similar sound (relatively relaxed)? Harbeth speakers tend to come up more regularly than Spendor on eBay so it would be good to know what models to look out for. Or has anyone got a pair they would like to sell? I’ve noticed they the HL5 (in their various guises) come up fairly frequently on eBay and hifi forums so I’m wondering if they end up disappointing their owners for some reason. Thanks in advance.

alanchamberlain

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 21, 2010
Eastbourne
AKA
alan
Many thanks for the link. The SHL5 could well be a contender but I’m in Eastbourne and the speakers are in Glasgow. So collection is out and I have no faith in couriers. The search goes on.

Reactions: hifinutt

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Contact trevor at guildford audio , they often have harbeth at favourable prices .not too far to travel . Superb guys to do business with

Reactions: Nopiano

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Contact trevor at guildford audio , they often have harbeth at favourable prices .not too far to travel . Superb guys to do business with
As recently as last week he had an unused pair of the Anniversary model in the beautiful Eucalyptus - if that’s to your taste. Under four grand.

karlsushi

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 1, 2022
Melton Mowbray, East Midlands
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another brand to look out for might be Stirling Broadcast. The LS3/6 in particular would be a fairly close swap for the HL5's.

@tuga had a pair for sale on here a little while back at around £2k IIRC and not sure if he still has them.

alanchamberlain

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 21, 2010
Eastbourne
AKA
alan
Thanks for your input. I did actually consider the Stirlings but I told the seller that at the moment I was looking for Spendor as their factory is only a few miles away so very convenient for possible repairs. Harbeth are also in East Sussex so drop off and collection would also be fairly easy. The Stirlings would almost certainly fit the bill sound and price wise but their factory is miles away from Eastbourne so Spendor or Harbeth are the most sensible choice for me.

Reactions: karlsushi

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve been unsuccessfully looking for a used pair of Spendor SP1/2R (or similar) for some time so I’ve decided to widen my search to include Harbeth. If anyone is familiar with their speakers, what models would be likely to produce a similar sound (relatively relaxed)? Harbeth speakers tend to come up more regularly than Spendor on eBay so it would be good to know what models to look out for. Or has anyone got a pair they would like to sell? I’ve noticed they the HL5 (in their various guises) come up fairly frequently on eBay and hifi forums so I’m wondering if they end up disappointing their owners for some reason. Thanks in advance.
No more disappointing than other speakers. I own two pairs of Harbeth and wouldn’t ever sell them. They work well with many amps and in many rooms.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles