Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
View attachment 19274

Another view of those horns. Voodoo Chile was good on these! Although I felt the bass was not quite deep enough, but that may have been my positioning.

The rep here said that a neighbour in Wales had them in a field and you could hear them for a long way - a new twist on 'near field' listening?

I did love these very impractical (for me) horns, though:

RoonShareImage-636823660621210980.png

G-spot audio oops, sorry, G-Point Audio.

brucer2

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2006
York, United Kingd
AKA
Bruce
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
View attachment 19274

Another view of those horns. Voodoo Chile was good on these! Although I felt the bass was not quite deep enough, but that may have been my positioning.

The rep here said that a neighbour in Wales had them in a field and you could hear them for a long way - a new twist on 'near field' listening?

I did love these very impractical (for me) horns, though:

RoonShareImage-636823660621210980.png

G-spot audio oops, sorry, G-Point Audio.
Went in and had a listen to some horrid dirge, wife thought she was in an old persons home and felt like slitting her throat!  Brought a CD but they could only stream  grrrrr. Eventually they found some music we liked but tbh it sounded pretty average.

The Wammer's systems upstairs were to my ears much better!

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And I was stupid enough to buy one of the Pink Floyd photos. If anyone mentions money to Mrs H I am a dead man.
I was keen on one of the Hendrix pics. My son made sure that common sense prevailed as he said that his mother had made him promise he would ensure I didn’t buy anything  :D

deggie

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 12, 2011
edge of birmingham
AKA
keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
...I liked the photos ... but I had a tasting session at the whisky store and plumped for a ..claxtons single cask.ledaig aged nine years whisky ,

... at 53 .3 % I'm enjoying a tot now ......... ...... this will be my best upgrade when I have the big rig on in the weeks to come,.

this is just gorgeous . ..... with a chunk of dark chocolate its sublime.....

good show that can only improve .........big thumbs up for all those involved.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tony and Ed's room was a delight.  To see what could be achieved with the equipment they used was eye-opening. So glad they made the journey from Mull to Harrogate. And, of course, great guys to meet and talk to.

The John Lee Hooker with Carlos Santana was quite special.

Here's the list of equipment:

Thanks for the kind words Chris - glad you enjoyed the room, and it was great to meet you. No doubt see you there next year!

bohemian

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Greybeard's room and some lovely Behringer equipment and home-made speakers.

EE67ABBA-AC96-48E3-880B-E51BDACBB15C.jpeg

Colin was able to play some music from a usb stick I had with me, Alan Hovhaness' Symphony #50. First the tranquil second movement "Spirit Lake" and then the opening of the third movement "Volcano" with the trombone glissandi and kettledrum attack!

Also the excellent "Take Five" from the Dave Brubeck at Carnegie Hall album.

super to meet you Colin, and to be able to chat with you.  Don't forget to call in for a listen and a coffee (?) when you are next around Heathrow area.

Reactions: greybeard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.