Has anyone got this month's Hi-Fi News?

E

Effem

Has anyone got this month's Hi-Fi News? None of the newsagents down here have it on their shelves and too late to order a copy now.

I would like toknow the results of the group test between these speakers:

Acoustic Energy Aelite Three

Dali Ikon 6

Monitor Audio RS8

Triangle Antal Esw

Uncle Bob

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 23, 2005
, , United Kingdom
I own a pair of the AE3's, I've had them for about 5months now and I'd say they're definately worth auditioning.

Can't speak about the others as I've not heard them.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Dali's received a bit of a slating in a recent HFW.

Poor bass they said.

A bit boring, IIRC.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Dali's received a bit of a slating in a recent HFW.

Poor bass they said.

A bit boring, IIRC.

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
was a bit weird (if memory serves me right). they gave the best buy to the dali's, then gave the 'best sound' gong to triangles. but the triangleswere only £75 more.

if you were spending £900ish surely £75 isn't going to make a massive amount of difference - so why the best buy for dali?

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Judging by some of the reviewers in that rag they wouldn't now a decent piece of hifi if it bit them on the arse.

I'm with Rudolph, I don't trust that mag at all.

Uncle Bob

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 23, 2005
, , United Kingdom
what i thought was 'interesting' was that they alsogave the ART Stilleto's their own review in the same issue even though they arelisted atthesame price-point as thespeakers in the 'under £1,000' group test...

PARAGON

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 5, 2005
Norn Iron
rudolph hucker wrote:

never trust the mags it's all back handers.
I agree, and only buy the occasional one to see what is new on the horizon, and one or two have a classified section too.

G

Uncle Bob wrote:

what i thought was 'interesting' was that they alsogave the ART Stilleto's their own review in the same issue even though they arelisted atthesame price-point as thespeakers in the 'under £1,000' group test...
thats coz reviews are done months in advance, eg the stilettos were actually reviewed at end of last year, but not in mag till March edition.

E

Effem

Paragon kindly sent me his copy of the mag (Thanks Steve
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
)

The finalsummary on the Stilleto was this:

"ART loudspeakers has tackled the £1000 speaker market with it's own individuality and the Stilleto is a sure fire winner in my eyes. ART is to be congratulated on this excellent, realistically priced, real world design, and I'm happy to recommend this well conceived and very well executed loudspeaker"

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Effem wrote:

)The finalsummary on the Stilleto was this:

"ART loudspeakers has tackled the £1000 speaker market with it's own individuality and the Stilleto is a sure fire winner in my eyes. ART is to be congratulated on this excellent, realistically priced, real world design, and I'm happy to recommend this well conceived and very well executed loudspeaker"
Hmm, So were Exposure's amps really that crap at Bristol this year then, only theStiletto's they were usingsounded bloody terrible on the end of them.......................??

G

Beobloke wrote:

Effem wrote:
)The finalsummary on the Stilleto was this:

Hmm, So were Exposure's amps really that crap at Bristol this year then, only theStiletto's they were usingsounded bloody terrible on the end of them.......................??
could have been one of synergy, had stilettos and stiletto 6 at mine at a bakeoff, both sounded great with Bow, great with belcanto evo2i, but the stiletto 6 and BC2i were not pleasant, thing with the stilletto is it wasn't built to compete in £1k arena, it was built as a solution for those who wanted a small speaker to use3 with quality electronics, it just happened that the soultion cost £1k, it really needs good quality kit to sound their best, perhaps exposure and stilettos just didn't gell, it makes neither a bad product, was it new exposure stuff?

curtis

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2005
Herts, , United King
Yes as with all these things any speaker is only a best buy if you like the sound of it and it has good synergy with your kit.

These best this best that threads are bollox really

Curt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles