Have you seen an artist or Band To Many Times?

old Guy

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 15, 2021
Bournemouth
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
For me Sorry mate if your reading this Was Van Morrison 3 times was too much for me personally i just rather enjoy his great albums on whatever media it takes me

Pubs and tiny club circuits We had a fad about Going to see the Hamsters we killed it, We forget that the artist Playlist is there lively hood they play it everynight to a different crowd . You go and see them to many times need i explain. We were in the Brook southampton on night Hamsters were playing, 4 song in I looked at my mate Dave, Dave looked at me no words were needed we just left. I said never again he said the same

Last edited:

macfan

LP12 Newbie
Wammer
Feb 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Interesting question. The bands I have scene the most are

1. Rush - 1-3 times on every tour since Grace Under Pressure. I will say about 25 times since 1984
2. U2 - Probably 12 times or so
3. Pink Floyd - 6 times
4. Genesis - Around 6 times starting with Mama tour

All others are ones offs for the most part.

rangesound

Wammer
Mar 23, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Too many to count. I do love the fact that I've seen my favorite bands (in no particular order) Eagles, Allman Brothers, Steely Dan multiple times

Reactions: Colinjg

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve seen some I did not want to, Chas and Dave was one at Knebworth when Led Zeppelin were headlining in 1979. AC/DC when the Who were headlining. This is the problem with these type of events, you may have to suffer some bands you don’t like.

Graham Parker and the Rumour were probably the band I have seen the most, always good live.

Not a fan of outdoors concerts. Wish I had seen Led Zepp at Earls Court.

• Haha
Reactions: Ady and tuga

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've seen some bands more times than I can remember and I guess I liked them 'cos I kept going back. Then there were others that I didn't go back to 'cos I didn't like what I heard the first time.

EDIT repeats (in no particular order) Camel, Wishbone Ash, Magic Mushroom Band, Smokey Joe's Blues Band
Non-repeats - can't remember, they didn't do much for me.

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've seen some bands more times than I can remember and I guess I liked them 'cos I kept going back. Then there were others that I didn't go back to 'cos I didn't like what I heard the first time.

EDIT repeats (in no particular order) Camel, Wishbone Ash, Magic Mushroom Band, Smokey Joe's Blues Band
Non-repeats - can't remember, they didn't do much for me.
I did see Wishbone Ash once at Hammersmith late 70s, must have been past their peak as not very good. Unfortunately I was too young to catch the best bands in their prime.

karlinamillion

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2007
Londinium
AKA
Karl
I think I have seen The Lovely Eggs about 20 times, Jeffrey Lewis about a dozen & Shit & Shine about 8 times. Going to see the Eggs in a couple of weeks, and Jeff Lewis & $&$ will see my face beaming out from the audience whenever they play next.

Reactions: sjs

old Guy

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 15, 2021
Bournemouth
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I think I have seen The Lovely Eggs about 20 times, Jeffrey Lewis about a dozen & Shit & Shine about 8 times. Going to see the Eggs in a couple of weeks, and Jeff Lewis & $&$ will see my face beaming out from the audience whenever they play next.
great names S&S my reminded my neighbours two Dogs

Pete the Feet

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2010
Rochdale, , United K
AKA
Mr Feet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For me Sorry mate if your reading this Was Van Morrison 3 times was too much for me personally i just rather enjoy his great albums on whatever media it takes me

Pubs and tiny club circuits We had a fad about Going to see the Hamsters we killed it, We forget that the artist Playlist is there lively hood they play it everynight to a different crowd . You go and see them to many times need i explain. We were in the Brook southampton on night Hamsters were playing, 4 song in I looked at my mate Dave, Dave looked at me no words were needed we just left. I said never again he said the same
Hamsters, used to love em. Seen them quite a few times and the last time was of a similar opinion to yourself. They did a ZZ Top set which became boring and another slightly more varied set.
Saw Rory Gallagher several times and the last one just seemed noisy and meh. Never bothered again. His bass player has a Rory type tribute band which I found tedious. For a good tribute of the man, Sinner Boy are the one to look out for.

old Guy

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 15, 2021
Bournemouth
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Hamsters, used to love em. Seen them quite a few times and the last time was of a similar opinion to yourself. They did a ZZ Top set which became boring and another slightly more varied set.
Saw Rory Gallagher several times and the last one just seemed noisy and meh. Never bothered again. His bass player has a Rory type tribute band which I found tedious. For a good tribute of the man, Sinner Boy are the one to look out for.
We Did it again and again Pete. We do not learn. Ruthless blues. Great when you first see them. Limehouse Lizzy Fantastic again not their fault seen them to many times. Dirty DC again too many times

Bourneendboy

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 3, 2009
Tackley, Oxfordshire
AKA
Bill
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I've seen Spiritualized more than 60 times and loved every single gig! But the last couple of albums have been shocking with Jason sounding like that chap who used to busk outside Dingwalls in Camden Market on Sundays - you'd know exactly who I mean if you've ever seen/heard him.

I've now had enough and probably never go to a Spiritualized gig again.

old Guy

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 15, 2021
Bournemouth
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I will never forget we went to the Brook in Southampton. Diesel Park West were playing they were so lound the audience left in droves we stayed for 5 songs it was over bearing plus every song sounded a bit like the opening chords to Brown Sugar . when we left it was gig staff only.

Jazid

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2009
London
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've seen John Martyn on stage more times that I can remember, I so wish he was still around! Truly forgettable bands where once was waay too much include the dire Stone Roses and (ugh) the Thompson Twins. Probably also a clutch of forgotten stoner bands at Deeply Vale, Elephant Fayre, and Stonehenge over many happy but inexplicably forgotten years 🙂

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
seen RHCP many times, and their LP output quality has dipped a few times over recent years, so when I went to see there opening WWT gig in Seville in June, it was in trepidation. Frusciante being back was the lure, but the latest release was not exactly nipple-hardening stuff.

As is often the case, my so so expectations were totally unfounded. They nailed it, we’re tight but loose as ever in their jams, the sound, set choice, and setting all made it the best RHCP gig yet. Or at least on par with their Hyde Park gig with James Brown. And looked to be really enjoying it.

i was thrilled. Happy if I never see them again
49BDCB57-AB21-4E4D-92B9-E1EB243D4831.jpeg 09C9FEEC-27BD-4A43-8773-EFA25063027B.jpeg AB6BECB9-7733-442E-BE14-E6A6C385D9F5.jpeg 4DD0C9A7-F6AB-430B-94E4-CEF0D8D0F30D.jpeg

Reactions: old Guy

Chumpchops

From the safest places come the bravest words.
Wammer
Oct 3, 2014
Bristol
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Whereas I saw Travis 2 weeks ago at the Chew Valley Fest, and they were very disappointin. Lack luster, going thru the motions, not very well rehearsed nor very engaging with their audience.

Paul Wellers daughter did a far more impactful set earlier, and Kosheen really worked the crowd and her band the night before.

It doesn’t have to be magic,but I think you can quickly sense if an artist really wants to be there, or is professional enough to do his/her job and give the crowd their tickets worth.

I’ve also seen Bowie many times, always a show given. Ditto Iggy Pop who I’ve seen about 5 times, including his magnificent Glastonbury set with the Stooges, where the crowd took over and he still managed to ace it.

Performers should perform. But some artists are just better in the studio.

Reactions: old Guy

Von Krolock

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 30, 2012
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Kiss were a hard working band and they knew what they were doing.
They were ruining your hearing.
They were so loud I can still recall the jarring sensation in the fillings nearly 40 years later.
What's a little permanent tinnitus though to see such a sensational set of musicians?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Ady and old Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.