Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One thing I have realised since I added the H390 is that all my recent upgrades on the source side - Hana SL, Chords Qutest & Huei - were much more appreciable via my headphones. Now I am able to hear much improvement through my speakers due to the Hegel producing more detail and separation.

Reactions: Nopiano

hearhere

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 9, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having had the H390 for 2 weeks now, I am so glad I took the plunge. I think this one will see me out.
It just does so much in my system. The proacs sing like never before, going deeper than I thought possible.
Low-level listening is great but crank things up a bit and it delivers a nice clean sound with no rough edges. The soundstage can be immense with loads of space around the various instruments. I'm revisiting recordings in my collection that previously weren't enjoyable to listen to.
When first heard the Hegel I was simply curious to hear it and starting with the base model I was a bit non-plussed but then we moved on to the H390 before going back down to the H190. I knew things would never be the same again without one in my system so when the Moorgate offer appeared it was now or never and the deal was done.
I'm pleased to hear you like the H390. In fact I spoke with the dealer I bought my NAD M33 from as he also handles Hegel. He knows that I listen mostly to streamed music - Qobuz, Paradice Radio, my Library, etc and his suggestion was that I should stick with the NAD. His reason was less to do with sound qualit, but more to do with the H390's streaming abilities and the control app . He described them as a "joke" compared with BluOS / NAD. I'm still interested though so if you use the Hegel for streaming, I'd very much appreciate your (or other 390 or 590 owners) comments on streaming through Hegel without a dedicated separate streamer. The M33 is a hard act to follow, but I am always looking towards improvements in my system and this could well include something from Hegel. Thanks. Peter

PS - I do have a streamer / music store / CDP (NAD M50.2) that uses the BluOS app that I could use to feed a 390 or 590, but I'm disappointedto see that neither Hegel offers an AES/EBU digital connection. But I suppose BNC coax is nearly as good!

Last edited:
Reactions: ClassikFan

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm pleased to hear you like the H390. In fact I spoke with the dealer I bought my NAD M33 from as he also handles Hegel. He knows that I listen mostly to streamed music - Qobuz, Paradice Radio, my Library, etc and his suggestion was that I should stick with the NAD. His reason was less to do with sound qualit, but more to do with the H390's streaming abilities and the control app . He described them as a "joke" compared with BluOS / NAD. I'm still interested though so if you use the Hegel for streaming, I'd very much appreciate your (or other 390 or 590 owners) comments on streaming through Hegel without a dedicated separate streamer. The M33 is a hard act to follow, but I am always looking towards improvements in my system and this could well include something from Hegel. Thanks. Peter
I am not using the streamer on the Hegel atm. My Blusesound set up is staying put for the time being. I have tried the Hegel DAC but I’m not in a hurry to boot out the Qutest just yet. I have read a few reviews and it does seem the M33 is a fine amp.

• Thanks
Reactions: hearhere

hearhere

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 9, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am not using the streamer on the Hegel atm. My Blusesound set up is staying put for the time being. I have tried the Hegel DAC but I’m not in a hurry to boot out the Qutest just yet. I have read a few reviews and it does seem the M33 is a fine amp.
Ah, so you are currently using the Hegal just as an analogue integrated amp. I'd be interested to hear your opinions when you experiment by first using it as a digital integrated (ie Bluesound streamer into Hegel) and perhaps even as an all-in-one using the Hegel's streaming facility. As you are already a BluOS user, I guess you may find the streamer a disappointment as my dealer thinks it's streaingr feature is! Thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles