Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Caught the first couple of episodes last night.

Not bad at all.

Something else for me to watch apart from Battlestar Galactica.

thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

I'm with you. It should be quite interesting to seehow this develops. So Monday 'Heroes' and Tuesday 'Battlestar Galactica'.

Bliss.

155:)

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Top man!

Yep, it will be interesting to see how this develops though I can see this season will be all about how they're going to stop that nuke from destroying New York. Or maybe not?

Jezzer wrote:

Top man!
Yep, it will be interesting to see how this develops though I can see this season will be all about how they're going to stop that nuke from destroying New York. Or maybe not?
Absolutely - I'm intrigued by the way the notion of'free will' is being explored through the Japanese character and the comic strip. Ifind it really interesting that both 'Battlestar Galactica' and 'Heroes' are addressing issues which, for the most part, are ignored byother drama programmes, in an interestingand enjoyable way.

I still can't understand why 'Battlestar Galactica' hasn't been picked up by one of the terrestrial channels!

Jasper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
In the country, , Un
I recorded first three episodes and just caught up with them last night. Pretty good I reckon, definitely some interesting themes being developed. Reminded me of X-men quite a bit.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I quite like it. Though it's not a patch on BSG. Not keen on the 'Twilight Zone' style narrator at the start and end of each episode.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Saw this the other night. I cringed with embarrassment watching it. Teen Wolf meets Super man the early years.. utter shit.

Picard

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
HiFiWigWam wrote:

Saw this the other night. I cringed with embarrassment watching it. Teen Wolf meets Super man the early years.. utter shit.
yeh, saw another episode last night. early promise has evaporated.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
It's all a bit Smallville meets X-men isn't it.

Dark Angel covered this ground so much better and in a more adult manner - so they cancelled it of course....
sad.png

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
BSG is on tonight! Hoorah!

I don't think Heroes is that bad tbh...

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
meninblack wrote:

It's all a bit Smallville meets X-men isn't it.Dark Angel covered this ground so much better and in a more adult manner - so they cancelled it of course....
sad.png
it was a sad day in my life when they stopped showing that. good action, enjoyable storylines, bit of politics.

oh, and jessica alba being moody. and her flatmate. and their knowing looks at each other.

Jezzer wrote:

BSG is on tonight! Hoorah!I don't think Heroes is that bad tbh...
It did 'wobble' for an episode or so, butI expect this was required in order for potential storylines to be placed in to the foreground, however briefly.

The last few BSG episodes have been a bit slow, but Ithink this can be explained by the process of editingand storyboard changes made at the very last moment. This appears to be suggested by recent comments made by the series creator. Perhaps this willbe recitifiedin the Series Three DVD release?

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
155 wrote:

The last few BSG episodes have been a bit slow, but Ithink this can be explained by the process of editingand storyboard changes made at the very last moment. This appears to be suggested by recent comments made by the series creator. Perhaps this willbe recitifiedin the Series Three DVD release?

The last episode in particular was very slow however I did read that a number of mid-season episodes did suffer as a result of rewrites. I think we must've read the same Ronald D Moore interview. :dude:

The last episode of Heroes was very good. The wife prefers Heroes to BSG.
tongue.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles