• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

Hifi Racks now @ BD Audio

mikeoz

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 23, 2010
Surrey
AKA
Mike
Been looking at their range for a while now and I think it's good value so long as you avoid the premium finishes.

Generally speaking they can make a rack to order in terms of size, spec, etc - I was looking at a two shelf 2 metre wide AV unit and they could do it as a special order.

Will be in touch once my system out grows the Atacama I'm currently using :)

B

BD Audio

Hi Mike, I have gone for a 1400 wide one, specified the leg heights exactly as I wanted them. The bottom shelf will have longer legs so that it sits above big heavy power amps sat directly on the floor.

It's also possible to just buy new legs in the future if kit and requirements change and you need more or less height on the shelves.

Thanks!

Jack

Cambs12

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I use these at home Mike.Takes the weight of the Levinson easily!

Been looking at their range for a while now and I think it's good value so long as you avoid the premium finishes.Generally speaking they can make a rack to order in terms of size, spec, etc - I was looking at a two shelf 2 metre wide AV unit and they could do it as a special order.

Will be in touch once my system out grows the Atacama I'm currently using :)

mikeoz

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 23, 2010
Surrey
AKA
Mike
The Krell lives on the floor. I'll need to change rack when the Ref 5 comes along as the Atacama legs aren't long enough. On balance I like the slimline version they do which isn't as chunky but is damned good value. I use Audiophile Base platforms so not too concerned about having the ultimate isolation in the stand.

The AV 'project' would have accomodated the Krell in the middle with CD and preamp on either side but it got too expensive once I factored the extra long 'Foo' interconnects I would have needed.

Having looked into various options I think these are the best value if you are looking for a wood type finish :^

B

BD Audio

Thanks, it's a sensible range, modular in design and fairly priced. Much to like really. :)

B

BD Audio

Currently it looks like 5 boxes stacked up Mike! Fact is this weeks gone mental and an 8hr round trip to Hifi News HQ tomorrow means it could well be Monday afternoon (when I get back from Scalford) till I can get it all installed. All good things come to those..... :p

B

BD Audio

I was tempted to do it this evening but then I built up a turntable for Aired Audio to borrow for Scalford and have been lay on the sofa listening to the Doors instead. :cool:

See you Sunday!

B

BD Audio

I've built it all up (very easy) and I'm over the moon with it, loads of room and looks really smart. Very solid too, I sat on it before putting the kit on....

Mrs BD is much happier too, even little Agatha announced 'wow' when she saw it (mind you she's 2 1/3 and easily pleased :D ).

Rack by Jack Durant, on Flickr

ems

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2012
Fife
AKA
beckypumps
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Will you be able to ship the racks or will they be shop pick up only?

Cheers Iain

khfm865

Wammer
Wammer
May 4, 2009
United Kingdom
AKA
Bill
I've built it all up (very easy) and I'm over the moon with it, loads of room and looks really smart. Very solid too, I sat on it before putting the kit on....Mrs BD is much happier too, even little Agatha announced 'wow' when she saw it (mind you she's 2 1/3 and easily pleased :D ).

Rack by Jack Durant, on Flickr
Looking very good there, Jack. Love the match of wood with the speakers.

Do you watch tv / movies through the horns too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
egs