Status
Not open for further replies.

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Oh I’ve seen far far worse, one of the reasons I call it as I see it.

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s a stretch and a gross misinterpretation. It would be funny if it was said as a clever joke rather than - what is likely - an attempt to belittle, and there in lies the problem. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and laugh all the same.

Context, always context. What I see is snide and nasty comments directed at DomT, masked as banter and humour, with mods then liking those comments. It looks like bullying from this end. And no, I’m not a ‘snowflake’.

And also no, I don’t know DomT. Please correct me if I’m wrong and I’m missing some gentle teasing that isn’t upsetting the person to whom it’s directed.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s a stretch and a gross misinterpretation. It would be funny if it was said as a clever joke rather than - what is likely - an attempt to belittle, and there in lies the problem. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and laugh all the same.

Context, always context. What I see is snide and nasty comments directed at DomT, masked as banter and humour, with mods then liking those comments. It looks like bullying from this end. And no, I’m not a ‘snowflake’.

And also no, I don’t know DomT. Please correct me if I’m wrong and I’m missing some gentle teasing that isn’t upsetting the person to whom it’s directed.
There's no bullying going on here, on my part (and I can't and don't speak for the other mods) I simply reacted to what was a surprisingly witty comment.
If anyone feels offended by comments directed at them, they are entirely free to use the report button to report the comments to the mods to be dealt with. What I am seeing here though is someone being offended on behalf of someone else when (a) they by their own admission don't know that person and (b) don't know whether that person has taken offence.

Reactions: kernow

2010*zuma

Super Wammer
Wammer
Nov 12, 2011
Caerphilly castle
AKA
Young Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Off par slightly… personally I love hearing the song hotel California every time whenever wherever…but if somebody would rather listen to David sanborn whilst out shopping or taking the elevator that Is they’re prerogative 📢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles