Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2006
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In my main room it can vary between two and three metres, with varying toe in and the distance from the back wall usualy .5 to one metre.

In the bedroom things are a little more cramped as is the spare oom.

Out of interest, has anyone read anything on cancelation affect on low frequency dependent on speaker distance ? I remember reading about cancelation at low frequencies the further you space the speakers after two metres ?

(Sadly I lost the bookmark as my comp crashed the other week)

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now, to respond in proper English........about 6 foot apart, and about 9 feet away.
smile.png

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
icehockeyboy wrote:

Now, to respond in proper English........about 6 foot apart, and about 9 feet away.
smile.png
Thanks mate, I'm having to convert all the others into something I understand
smile.png

Sid and Coke

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2005
nr St Andrews, Fife,
Speakers are 6 feet apart and 9 feet away from my 'perfect' listening position. They are toed in so that i can just see the outside side of the speakers when sitting down.

The weird thing is even though i set them up in this way I very rarely actually sit down and listen to them in my 'sweet spot' , i tend to do a lot of listening from the room next door whilst on the computer and with my back to the speakers ! Either that or sitting to the right side of my LH speaker gazing out of the window watching the world go by.

I can't think of anything less relaxing than being clamped into a 'listening chair' so that i can analyse my music more closely....

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
So far the average ration between listening position and distance between speakers is 1.37706

3 people have a ratio of 1.5 and 3 people a ratio of 1.333

G

7 feet apart, 15 feet from ears approx, sounds mighty fine, ratio smatio
biggrin.png

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
do you mean distance from you to speaker, or distance from you to mid point between speakers.

sorry to be fussy.

plus i don't have the measurements to hand at the moment.

ErikFH

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
Netherlands
AKA
Erik
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
2.3 meters apart from eah other,3m fromthe listeningposition butwander the house most of the the time.

E

earl of sodbury

One is 6 feet away.

Straight down...

With a dead dwarf inside...

Don't ask...
glum.gif.19305e5ca189352e84c85f8ec971e437.gif

The other is quite a long way up the postman's arse after he "lost" my latest consignment of jazz mags.

069.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles