• To directly access the forum, ensure your bookmark url includes /forum.

I just won my new cd player on Ebay!

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Classé Audio CDP-10 CD Player.

Can't tell you the price as my wife might read this!, I think I paid over the odd anyway - you know the rush of blood when you are bidding. Should pick up tomorrow, will let you guys know what it's sound like. Can't wait.

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Heard one of these a couple of years ago.

Very nice
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Where's that Curtis? Doesn't he have one of these with his Krell/Dyn's? Loves it he does.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Good feedback so far...finger cross it will go well with MF pre-power amps. Now on the hunt for SACD discs (always wanted to select sacd button on my pre-amp)

harv

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2006
deepest S.London, ,
AKA
erm... guess
ob1971 wrote:

Good feedback so far...finger cross it will go well with MF pre-power amps. Now on the hunt for SACD discs (always wanted to select sacd button on my pre-amp)
It doesn't play SACD's IIRC:?

doesn't sound to bad with MF, when my Brother was demoing an A5 CDP with his system(MF A300, Spendor BC-1's) around xmas, I took the Classe and the Audionet round. It was a decent match up. Didn't think much of the A5
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
. You won't be disappointed with the Classe:cool:its wasn't quite right for me but I still loved the way it sounded. If I could have afforded it I would have kept both.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
I am so sure that the hifi choice 2003 awards issue said it's a universal player! Can't find my old mag now will find out tommorrow though.

harv

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2006
deepest S.London, ,
AKA
erm... guess
Its got HDCD,

Fully balanced CD-only player that includes HDCD decoding; "RCA and balanced XLR analog outputs, S/PDIF digital output on an RCA jack, and an IEC power-cord socket."

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
+ I wouldnt lose much sleep if its not SACD... never was very impressed by the few SACD discs I owned... fine player tho whatever...bet it sounds LUVLY JUBBLY:)

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yup, very nice player. Here's a review by Wes Philips LINK

The summary goes:

[align=center]

"just so much fun to listen to and use that I fell more than a little in love with it." [/align]

[align=center]

Value

"The Classé CDP-10 is way better than any $2000 CD player I've heard to date."[/align]

Sounds good to me
biggrin.png
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
smile.png
biggrin.png
:cool:Thanks guys......

Any suggestion on interconnect? I am currently using Van Den Hul - D102 MKII at the moment, didn't think much of them though.

harv

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2006
deepest S.London, ,
AKA
erm... guess
ob1971 wrote:

Classé Audio CDP-10 CD Player.Can't tell you the price as my wife might read this!, I think I paid over the odd anyway - you know the rush of blood when you are bidding. Should pick up tomorrow, will let you guys know what it's sound like. Can't wait.
Well has it arrived yet ?
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
and how are you getting on ?

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
I haven't been in the tent for 2 days cos.......
biggrin.png
The CDP10 is so addictive.

The first immpression was "my god this is big!" the silver spinner just fit in my rack and made my MF pre-power look like Dennise wise standing next to Peter Schmeichel!

The firstcd that went in was"Love over gold" and the sound is ..well it has plenty of everything. Compare to mysuper duper clocked Marantz, the cdp10 have a lot wider sound stage and a lot more bass. My next test disc is the "best of breads" and CDP10 continues to impress, David gates vocal is sound so real you can almost feel he's in the room with you. I never ever heard anything like it! Iguess this is what people call Hi-end sound. I didn't press a stop button and found myself lost in a wall of sound for the whole album.

I thought to myself that they must be weakness to the player so out come Ozzy's bark at the moon album, normally sound bright and thin, the classe played the track with confident! the timming is spot on and the sreaming guitar solo although still bright but never sound uncomfortable. I spend the next few hours go through all my discs that I have not touch for long time, from Iron Maiden to Peter Framton, the player just dig out layers upon layers of recording and somehow made them all sound so enjoyable.

Yes, I do like it very much and it's the best purchaseI ever made...Hi-end sound - now I knows what it's mean.
wink.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joxtycvqx