Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fully realize that this has nearly five days to run but as it is a collect only option then this will deter many from bidding so there is a strong chance this could be a very good bargain for anyone who is looking to start on the Vinyl ladder . STD 305M is unusual in that it is a four point suspension design rather than the usual three point for Linn, PT , Ariston etc . I owned the plastic STD 305 version of this with a Mission 774 arm mounted and it was at the time for me much better than the Linn Sondek (with basic arm) that I auditioned it against. With a good service and clean and general tidy up this would be in my view a first class turntable well above most of the current mid level units which woulld be far more than this would cost . To get real improvement consider a £600/700 outlay. Plus it will sound decent straight out of the box once set up but will give much better quality with a new arm when you can afford one .

https://www.eBay.co.uk/itm/Strathclyde-STD-305M-Vintage-Record-Vinyl-Deck-Player-Turntable/203203131039?hash=item2f4fd9b69f:g:bTEAAOSwyKNfxODO

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just checked and this went to a bid of £86 hope that someone on here got that as it is an exceptional buy at £300 at the price it went it is a steal .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles