IAS Beaulieu Speakers

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There has been some interest in this speaker in the two channel and one of the original designers is making a new version so you might just be able to get some support . These look in quite nice condition and provided they do not sell for silly money seem a good buy. I have wanted a pair for ages after hearing a pair in Colwyn Bay many years ago . But I have too many speakers and no room for them plus they are a very long way from were I am .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IAS-beaulieu-Speakers-Rare-vintage-Integrated-Audio-Systems-speakers-Stands/284212383773?hash=item422c60d01d:g:IdYAAOSwZsRgRof7

daddydj

Wammer
New Wammer
Jan 17, 2016
I have just read through all of those threads.
A fascinating bit of history leading to a new collaboration and new models on the cards.
Brilliant!  

VanDerGraaf

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 29, 2015
Glasgow
AKA
Rohan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They are really good- I regret getting rid of mine. It was for a good cause though- they were bought by the original designer David Hall, ostensibly to further the development of the new ones that will hopefully be forthcoming soon.

karma67

Wammer
Feb 16, 2019
brighton
AKA
jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i pm'd david amd asked,he said they were a later model and he had left by then,the cabinets are different as are the drivers and not as good as the original beaulieu.

Reactions: Glissando

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Kicking myself that I never looked in this section previously as I would have snapped them up!!! I am sure that I didn’t hear a Beaulieu from when David was there but Alan Willis was always improving the designs. It could be of course that David prefers the older model but the version after he left was amazing. If a pair came up I would buy them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.