Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wanted to test the water and check possible interest in my Melco N1Z 40th Anniversary Edition music server.

These were produced in 2016 and at the time of release improved upon Melco's flagship server making it the best they had ever made.

Hand-crafted in Japan, the MELCO N1Z 40th Anniversary Limited Edition offered incremental performance enhancements over the standard N1Z, including an increase to 2TB of SSD storage with active power management, vibration improvements with massive TAOC cast-iron isolating feet and internal digital noise suppression using Nano Crystal Core isolating elements.  With only 40 units available globally, the MELCO N1Z 40th Anniversary Limited Edition was the culmination of MELCO’s goal to create the very best platform for storing and playing back digital music files.

Some of these enhancements have subsequently migrated into Melco's current flagship solid state server which with other enhancements now retails for £10k.

Only 20 of these limited edition models were made available for sale in Europe and so these are very rare.

This one was supplied in late 2016 by Signals to its first owner who decided after a period of time it wasn't for him and I purchased it from Signals in September 2017 and have cherished it ever since.

It is in superb cosmetic and operational condition and has the latest available firmware for Mk1 models. It can of course be updated to the latest EX software for an additional cost.

I have the original double shipping box which also contains an unused UK mains cable and an unused EU mains cable.

Please see below pictures of front and rear. Further pictures can be provided if there is serious interest. You will note that only 10% of the internal storage has been used storing an eclectic mix of mainly rock, pop and world music in mostly CD and HD format. There remains a possibility I might forget to erase this content should anyone wish to buy it.

I would be looking for around £5k.

Any questions please ask.

Melcofront1.jpg Melcorear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Only a couple of questions so far across the three member sites it's listed on and so it's currently still available.

Open to sensible offers.

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now listed on eBay at £4150 or best offer.

I am proposing this price having discovered another of the 20 examples of this limited edition server that were sold across Europe currently being advertised by KJ West One at £5000.

As mentioned on my eBay listing, I have never used more than 10% of the 2TB SSD storage as I only own around 300 CD's/Hi-Res downloads and am now mostly listening to music via Qobuz, Tidal etc. As such, I don't feel I am making sufficient usage of its capabilities to justify continued ownership.

I am happy to demonstrate this server in my system in Ipswich or alternatively I would be willing to discuss delivery or meeting up to within say 100 miles.

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
With very little interest being shown in this lovely server I have now removed it from eBay and have today put the shipping box back in my loft.

I had thought it was priced reasonably bearing in mind the similar limited edition machine being advertised at £5k by KJ West One and a 'standard' Mk1 N1Z located in Germany being advertised on eBay at just over £4k plus international shipping and import duty.

I will continue to make use of it in my system and leave it available for purchase/negotiation should there be any subsequent interest....

Minicoupeman

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 21, 2015
Sittingbourne
AKA
Andy Andrews
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have held off commenting for fear of offending but….I own a N1 upgraded to EX. It is a fine machine and I would not be without it but as you have found, given the lack of interest, you are asking far to much for this. Let it collect dust or re advertise at a considerably lower price. 

Reactions: TigerTiger

Sondekker

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have held off commenting for fear of offending but….I own a N1 upgraded to EX. It is a fine machine and I would not be without it but as you have found, given the lack of interest, you are asking far to much for this. Let it collect dust or re advertise at a considerably lower price. 
Thanks for you comments.

I am not offended in any way and welcome your comments. Having decided I wasn't really making full use of this machine and might be prepared to let it go I simply wasn't sure where to price it on account of it being a limited edition special model.

As already mentioned, I was simply guided by the prices of the two models I found elsewhere. On those occasions when I listen to the music stored on this device I could not ask for more and so keeping it in my system will not be a hardship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online