If you could only pick one album to show off....

2022 The WAM show

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxfordshire, UK
AKA
Ric
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would not play Classical to someone who doesn't like the genre, Jazz to somenone who's into Electronica, or Electronica because I don't have any.
I might play this:

TOCP-54156.jpg

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's not supposed to be 'your favourite....' but technically good. When I visited Max Townshend in Malta, he sat us down to demonstrate his speakers and put on the exact same LP that I'd always used to show off speakers; Andreas Vollenweider 'Beyond the gardens....'
I also like 'Yellow moon' by the Neville Bros which was recorded on valve equipment in Daniel Lanois' house in New Orleans.

Reactions: deggie and TIU

Jaguarnut

Wammer
Nov 19, 2021
Exile on Main St - The Rolling Stones. It features straight-ahead rock, boogie, blues, country, gospel... Just a tremendous achievement

Lordgumboot

Wammer
Jun 15, 2022
London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This on the OG vinyl, although the remastered box set is pretty good, this honestly just pips it.
Produced to within an inch of of it's life and then dialled back just enough to add the smallest amount of grit. So spacious, so separated and yet so intimate and coherant. Sounds incredible through my LS3/5a v2's.
IMG_4933.jpg

Reactions: JamieMcC

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Try Attila Bozay 'Improvisations for Zither', described as the zither equivalent of Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner and a great system demo track.

maddog_007

maddog_007
Wammer Plus
Oct 17, 2018
Waterfoot ,Glasgow
AKA
dennis
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Friday Night in San Francisco

Al de Meola - John McLaughlin -Paco de Lucia

Got this on vinyl and it's a guitarist lovers delight with three wonderful artists working together....