Innuos power supply vs the rest

A.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 1, 2014
Hertfordshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hilarious! You clearly have a different definition of evidence from mine.

I can see why I have you on ignore. No interest in trying anything yourself, just your own blind religiosity about measurement. No interest in the thread other than to tell people what opinions they’re allowed to express and what experiences they’re allowed to report. 

A troll then, just like your “likers”.

Carry on.
So still no publishable acoustic or engineering evidence then, just vitriol and passive aggression blended with labelling those that agree with our perspective as Trolls. “TROLLS” the pitchfork village chant of the 21st century audiophile. Anyone that disagrees or challenges you is a troll, troll, troll, troll….!

9FA0A4E8-CB68-4E71-BA1C-8C7D2ABAEA63.jpeg

• Upvote
Reactions: Shadders

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I quite like tribalism as long as there is respect between tribes.  It would be a dull world if we all knew the "truth" ...or were of the same opinion ? Its comical (for a short while)when a contributor becomes his avatar but the joke is worn out 2nd or 3rd time of asking. Just my opinion.   :geek: Live & let live an all that.

Reactions: TheFlash and DomT

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I quite like tribalism as long as there is respect between tribes.  It would be a dull world if we all knew the "truth" ...or were of the same opinion ? Its comical (for a short while)when a contributor becomes his avatar but the joke is worn out 2nd or 3rd time of asking. Just my opinion.   :geek: Live & let live an all that.
Hello, I'm from Tribe 1 and I thought I'd pop over and introduce myself. For many generations, our tribe has searched for the truth. Our primary means of doing this is to sit still, breathing deeply, sometimes sighing at the beauty of life and the universe. We augment our spiritual experiences through music, which deepens our sense of being at peace and harmony with the world. Some of our more advanced practitioners have been witnessed to enter a state of blissful ecstasy involving involuntary movement of the feet and nodding of the head. This is the level of enlightenment many of us seek but few of us find. We have a long tradition of experimentation, of never accepting that the truth of yesterday is the truth of today, because knowledge is like a river; it continually flows and changes. Some call us restless, and it is true that our search is unending; but life is a process and learning is continuous so we bear our burden with a smile and sometimes with beer.

Thanks for coming over. In Tribe 2, we pity you in Tribe 1. We found the ultimate truth centuries ago. It is laid down in tablets of stone and is, by definition, unchanging. New knowledge does not exist, there is the one ultimate permanent unchanging truth and we know it through measurement. Not always through measurements we take ourselves, we pass down the wisdom of our forefathers in its pure unquestioned form, ensuring that in doing so we adopt a protective, fatherly tone. Ultimately, we seek to convert the uneducated others to our belief system which we call "facts". We have no need of ceremonies like yours; the truth does not require experience, it does not require testing; it requires acceptance, and trust in those who came before us and have so graciously passed on their knowledge. Our focus is therefore not on personal engagement, it is is centred on evangelical outreach. Some of our most dedicated disciples spend inoardinate amounts of time surrounding themselves, at great personal cost, with those most in need of enlightenment in the One Truth. This is the ultimate, selfless sacrifice. Now, why did you come over again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Psilonaught

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Saffron Walden
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So update time on the power supply testing. Richard/Lurch's Sbooster arrived, so was keen to give that a go.

At the same time, the £3 printer cable I had been using was replaced by a Supra 2.0 cable. Only £30, but tight spec 90 Ohm. I know from the experience of my very sensitive rubidium atomic clock that different cables impact the sound audibly.

So I've been A/B testing the Sbooster Vs my 12v switch supply from my Netgear NAS, listening to the same track back to back around 20 times (fun I know).

So the Sbooster is without question superior to just a 12v supply. Soundstage is quite a bit wider, instruments can be picked out more clearly, and everything is "bigger".

So I have to say I'd delighted that I can now hear differences. I was extremely sceptical of streamer differences, so whilst i'm not comparing one to another, the fact that i can hear differences in a single streamer with different power supplies must mean that streamers can't all sound the same.

So then I tried the Temple Audio supercharger, and I "think" that is sounded even better than the Sbooster. Remenber that a few days ago the supercharger sounded identical to the 12v neatgear psu, using a cheap printer cable.

I say I "think", because at this point i remembered that it is a supercapacitor, and it is supposed to charge. A quick call to the owner of the company confirmed that it needs a few hours to charge before critical listening. When I had been A/B testing last week it hadn't been left of for more than 30min.

Therefore I will leave it and the Sbooster on and revisit this evening.

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So update time on the power supply testing. Richard/Lurch's Sbooster arrived, so was keen to give that a go.

At the same time, the £3 printer cable I had been using was replaced by a Supra 2.0 cable. Only £30, but tight spec 90 Ohm. I know from the experience of my very sensitive rubidium atomic clock that different cables impact the sound audibly.

So I've been A/B testing the Sbooster Vs my 12v switch supply from my Netgear NAS, listening to the same track back to back around 20 times (fun I know).

So the Sbooster is without question superior to just a 12v supply. Soundstage is quite a bit wider, instruments can be picked out more clearly, and everything is "bigger".

So I have to say I'd delighted that I can now hear differences. I was extremely sceptical of streamer differences, so whilst i'm not comparing one to another, the fact that i can hear differences in a single streamer with different power supplies must mean that streamers can't all sound the same.

So then I tried the Temple Audio supercharger, and I "think" that is sounded even better than the Sbooster. Remenber that a few days ago the supercharger sounded identical to the 12v neatgear psu, using a cheap printer cable.

I say I "think", because at this point i remembered that it is a supercapacitor, and it is supposed to charge. A quick call to the owner of the company confirmed that it needs a few hours to charge before critical listening. When I had been A/B testing last week it hadn't been left of for more than 30min.

Bravo. It’s great to keep and open mind and assess for yourself. And bravo for writing that you did actually hear a difference as others may not have been as brave to do so or been as honest. Although it would have been totally ok if you had heard no difference; they are your ears. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: joolz and Griff500

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bravo. It’s great to keep and open mind and assess for yourself. And bravo for writing that you did actually hear a difference as others may not have been as brave. 
Very true. Now brace yourselves..

8bBD.gif

Griff500

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2017
Prague, Czech
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

I'm glad you kept an open mind and that you're making progress with this. Someone will probably be along shortly to tell you that you are imagining it.  xD

It will be interesting to find out if the Temple Audio shows improvements when it's fully charged. You would imagine that it should make a difference but it will be interesting to find out.

You have a Zenith Mk 3 on the way to try as well or did I imagine that?

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So update time on the power supply testing. Richard/Lurch's Sbooster arrived, so was keen to give that a go..
Glad to have been of assistance James, my name however is John, not Richard. Though I'm sure some on here see me as a bit of a dick 😂😂

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Glad to have been of assistance James, my name however is John, not Richard. Though I'm sure some on here see me as a bit of a dick 😂😂
Classic! I bet the Richards on the forum have never ever heard this. It must be as fresh every time as "I'll give you a ring, Mr Bell <snigger>" is to me.

Still, it's good Richard/Lurch, that you were able to help Jennie/Psilonaught.

Neil/TheFlash

Psilonaught

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Saffron Walden
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Classic! I bet the Richards on the forum have never ever heard this. It must be as fresh every time as "I'll give you a ring, Mr Bell <snigger>" is to me.

Still, it's good Richard/Lurch, that you were able to help Jennie/Psilonaught.

Neil/TheFlash
Lol by coincidence my wife is called Jennie.

Reactions: TheFlash

Psilonaught

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Saffron Walden
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having another head to head, and to make it a bit more scientific, I've tried the old printer usb cable. The soundstage shrinks by a good margin side to side.

Clearly the usb cable is sensitive, and the spec has to be spot on. 

Between the Sbooster and supercharger, they seem evenly matched thus far. I'm giving a slight nod to the supercharger, but differences are small.

Will try again after a longer charge.

Clearly my usb cable was preventing me hearing any differences.

Nice lesson there for all of us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles