Innuos Zen III Vs ZENith

Craig_

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 4, 2020
Norwich
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m very pleased with my Zen mk3 - much preferring cd rips played from it’s HDD vs my old Arcam CD37 which I always regarded very highly. It sounds smooth & relaxed with non of the edge/fatigue that is normally experienced with some digital front ends.

Also curious how much SQ improvement can be had from the Zenith. I will be looking to get a home demo soon. 

leroyd

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Personally my enthusiasm around the Innuos range is the ability to rip, store and organise all your music in one place
Together with being able to rip, store and organise my brothers CD collection, along with a couple of mates cd collection

Reactions: Craig_

leroyd

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Also curious how much SQ improvement can be had from the Zenith. I will be looking to get a home demo soon. 
Would love to hear your comments on that home demo. The price difference between the Zen and Zenith is considerable, so the difference in performance would need to reflect that, in order for me to invest. Love my Zen mkIII

Reactions: westerwick

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I’m very pleased with my Zen mk3 - much preferring cd rips played from it’s HDD vs my old Arcam CD37 which I always regarded very highly. It sounds smooth & relaxed with non of the edge/fatigue that is normally experienced with some digital front ends.

As an alternative you might consider getting a demo of a PhoenixUSB connected to the Zen 3 to see what you think of that compared to the Zenith 3.

Reactions: leroyd and Craig_

wHIZZY

Measured Subjectivist
Wammer
Apr 12, 2016
Sunny Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
The replay from ripped is not bad and (in my system) find it slightly better than the Node2i.
Also great to see (per the Innuos feature request page) that Amazon music connectivity is “Planned”.
BBC Sounds is also listed amongst planned updates. Surprised however that I still need to use Orange Squeeze for functions like random play. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: justinhd

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
dealers may have ex dem zen mark 3 . mine is going back to dealer soon, it was new when i had it . maybe more like that 

Mike Hughes

Wammer
Dec 31, 2020
A Zen with a half decent DAC can better CD replay but only if you’ve put some effort into minimising noise etc. A Zenith in broadly the same circumstances will almost always better CD replay. 

It Cost How Much!?!

Twisted
Wammer
Oct 27, 2008
Hartford, Cheshire
AKA
Bob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A Zen with a half decent DAC can better CD replay but only if you’ve put some effort into minimising noise etc. A Zenith in broadly the same circumstances will almost always better CD replay. 
Ah ha, well it has a Music Works mains cable, foo USB cable, Gustard U-12 SPDIF, into Transparent Reference Co-ax. The DAC is pretty damn good and goes via Transparent Reference XLR to the pre. 

Some effort was done, but the Wadia transport is still better. 

• Haha
Reactions: newlash09

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
how would you minimise noise ? so far i have found the zen mark 3 is roughly equal to my marantz sa8005 into a fine dac 

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry if this has been said already in this thread but I am sure that @Fourlegs intimated that the key difference in the more expensive Innuos streamers is in the power supply.  If this is the case then maybe keep the streamer and look at a new power supply?

Mike Hughes

Wammer
Dec 31, 2020
Sorry if this has been said already in this thread but I am sure that @Fourlegs intimated that the key difference in the more expensive Innuos streamers is in the power supply.  If this is the case then maybe keep the streamer and look at a new power supply?
You can definitely benefit from an upgraded power supply with the Zen and Zenith but the lower down the hierarchy you are then the greater the gain. I’ve tried a few loans with my Zenith and in the end I’ve stuck with it going into a Musicline PowerIgel.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bit of a thread resurrection, but how does RP integrate with the new Sense 2.0 App?
As some of you are aware I'm currently looking into upgrading my streamer (Pimped Node2) and currently auditioning a dcs Network Bridge. The BluOS App has obviously spoiled me as I'm finding the dcs Mosaic App a complete pain when it comes to RP. Yes I can access it and swap streams via Airable (the embedded Internet Radio service) but I've lost access to the skip track and the 3 dots to the info/direct link to artist on Qobuz/Tidal facility (for populating my Album list and playlist). The 3 dot menu & skip are options I use regularly.

So does the Sense App give me full RP functionality? If so then I will add Innuos to my list for investigation.

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bit of a thread resurrection, but how does RP integrate with the new Sense 2.0 App?
As some of you are aware I'm currently looking into upgrading my streamer (Pimped Node2) and currently auditioning a dcs Network Bridge. The BluOS App has obviously spoiled me as I'm finding the dcs Mosaic App a complete pain when it comes to RP. Yes I can access it and swap streams via Airable (the embedded Internet Radio service) but I've lost access to the skip track and the 3 dots to the info/direct link to artist on Qobuz/Tidal facility (for populating my Album list and playlist). The 3 dot menu & skip are options I use regularly.

So does the Sense App give me full RP functionality? If so then I will add Innuos to my list for investigation.
I only discovered RP last week. It’s in the Sense App and it works. Perhaps ask me some questions about functions and I will confirm as I have never used RP on any other device.

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Lurch Some screenshots to get you started
100A6A42-5085-4AC3-AB24-EC39680ED646.png 72942146-5A64-475F-AABA-2D9C281FDF66.png F4EA0F57-CCC1-454A-83FD-660131297FCF.png

Attachments

• B5BFBF44-3750-494B-80A3-D75C17410764.png
    B5BFBF44-3750-494B-80A3-D75C17410764.png
    491.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 66079264-C703-4165-AD7D-D1F290548AA2.png
    66079264-C703-4165-AD7D-D1F290548AA2.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: TheFlash

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I only discovered RP last week. It’s in the Sense App and it works. Perhaps ask me some questions about functions and I will confirm as I have never used RP on any other device.
Hi Dom, below is a screenshot of RP on BluOS, as you can see there is a skip button and 3 dots (bottom right of album art).
Does the Sense App give either 1 or both of these option? If so then there's a good chance that RP is embedded in Sense rather than supplied via a 3rd party Internet Radio service.

DomT

Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Dom, below is a screenshot of RP on BluOS, as you can see there is a skip button and 3 dots (bottom right of album art).
Does the Sense App give either 1 or both of these option? If so then there's a good chance that RP is embedded in Sense rather than supplied via a 3rd party Internet Radio service.
Hi John can’t see your screen shot. Skip forward definitely works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.