Isoacoustics Gaia feet under speaker stands?

chrisph

Just me
Wammer Plus
Apr 2, 2010
Near Portsmouth
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I found that using the carpet spikes it was not easy to reposition the speakers when tweaking the speaker position. The whole speaker had to be lifted and repositioned rather than being able to slide them about on the carpet.

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ive always been a bit if a doubting Thomas when it comes to claims on products such as these until……

At the show on Saturday afternoon after listening to my system a kindly gent offered the use of a set of Orea indigo feet to separate my top mounted monitors from my big bass cabinets as he said after listening he thought the top end was being ‘smeared’.

A fresh set of 3 Oreas was fitted to each side and I was left to evaluate them.

I had just been listening to ELP Works Vol 2 and selected Greg Lake I believe in Father Christmas as there is very little bass, so I thought if there was a difference on this then they would be potentially worth the outlay.

Greg Lakes simple guitar intro was very crisp ……disbelief taking hold I swapped my simple cone feet back in and played the intro again.…….the guitar notes weren’t as crisp ……so back in with the orea feet and straight away crisp guitar notes returned.

They stayed in place for all of Sat eve & Sunday ….and my visitor reappeared ear the end of the show looking to take repossession of the feet. After a short negotiation (a generous discount was given ) and transfer of cash the feet came home with me ……. the bonus is they look good between the two boxes too.

The sceptic in me was changed and a 36 hr test run was very generous too.

Last edited:

Pressure

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 16, 2007
Sheffield, , United
AKA
Paul
Similar exoerience for me - Isoacoustics products seem to work. I can’t use Gaia’s but I use the cheaper studio pucks under home cinema speakers that sadly have to go on a large room-width rack. They make a big, very obvious difference to the sound, almost as much as proper stands do. Good stuff.

Reactions: ANADROL-50

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.