Issue

• NEW! Linn Owners Club CLICK HERE and please click join club to have full access.
2022 The WAM show

wickerman68

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 16, 2009
Hants
AKA
scott
Paid for some speakers on the Wam but then had to pull out due to money issues so asked for a refund which the seller wont do (the speakers are still with the seller).....the reply is below....am I in the wrong?

unfortunately we are in a poor financial position ourselves, the majority of the speaker money was my sons and he'd already spent it on upgrading his amp and speakers.

I've had to sell my valve amp and downgrade significantly to diy pre/power amps, I did this to pay for car repairs and to fix a damp patch in the living room, sorry but I can only help by keep advertising the speakers and acting as intermediary for you,

myles

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 27, 2008
Plymouth
AKA
Myles
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No - one is in the wrong; you bought some speakers, he spent the cash then you realised you needed the money elsewhere. Just unfortunate really....

AmDismal

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 22, 2007
If you agreed to buy them, and sent across the money, then you have a contract, I would say. If then the vendor agrees to keep hold of them and send them to your purchaser, to save postage, it seems reasonable. I don't really see how you can claim you didn't have a deal.

G

It's a sticky one and on the face of it I'd say that as you've paid for them you have bought them and the deal is complete. What was the time between paying and asking to cancel?

I'd suggest getting him to send you the speakers and the relisting them yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and this really should be in the pub area not 2ch

G

We dont intervene as mods but you agreed a price and paid . Get him to send them to you and then you advertise . I'm closing this now